Protective Swim wear

Posted , 14 users are following.

Can any one tell me if their is any thing I can buy to protect me from 

the clorine for the lichen Sclerosus as I have become very over weight and have lupus and ME but use to love swimming with thanks x

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Only my husband and I swim in the pool but I do keep the chlorine on the high side so no algae.  The inflammation began when i was biking and swimming each day so I quit both.  I am going to look into the spongy bike seat with no horn.  I have used, Desitin, a nappy cream, as a barrier for swimming with some improvement but it was only for a quik dive and swim.  What I am really afraid of is LP on other parts of my body as a reaction to chlorine if it is indeed a culprit.
  • Posted

If not any in this country will try to find some abroad will put up my findings x
  • Posted

I find chlorine in pools makes me very sore and the discomfort can last for days after. However, sea and river swimming are fine, the sea in particular seems to be very beneficial. Are either of these an option?
  • Posted

I'm wondering if anyone has found either a proper shield (Vaseline, silicone lubricant, etc) or ideally, some sort of swimwear that shields or repels the water. I'm experiencing a little irritation due to pool chemicals.

• Posted

same here, I love to swim and have recently been diagnosed with LS, what I do is use a chlorine removing body wash as soon as i get out of the pool and into the shower, so far it has been helpful, I get this from boots, its called Boots Sun Swim and Gym, I was also advised by my gyno to moisturise the area as often as I like with YES, this is an organic plant oil based lubricant, so i put this on prior to entering the pool and again once ive been showed and dried. Hope this helps. Thanks
    • Posted

YES is available from Holland and barret and also Amazon :-)
    • Posted

Thanks. I'd like to update that I found that silicone lubricant creates a nice barrier and has done a great job protecting from irritation. Vaseline worked too, but it was much more uncomfortable after as it becomes sort of sticky and the area can't breathe (hard to wash off). I am using astroglide.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.