Prozac week 4

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wondering if this drugs are ever going to work, I don't remember the other meds ever taking this long to start seeing light. I've had increased anxiety and depression for the last 4 weeks and health anxiety is aful, been to er 3 times thinking I have some form of cancer and I can't shake this thought that this is all being caused by some tumor or cancer

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was on sertraline before so I just assumed since there is already an ssri in my systems it shouldn't take as long to see results

• Posted

It doesn't work for everyone please be careful because it made me really I'll in respect to my anxiety. My state of mind sleeping patterns and the way in which i felt I was alone! I haven't heard positives about this medication but I am sure some have. Give it another week and go back change it there is no harm in changing the medication ! It will take a while again but I tried 4 before I was well and it does get better I'm on medication that suits me now and am now on 10 mg and ready to hopefully come off it j. Next couple of months! Will be thinking of you and here should you need to open to anyone !! XXXX

• Posted

What are you on and how long have you been taking it for? What did you go on medication for?
  • Posted

4 weeks is early.  I've been on SSRI's twice now, and the second time I had a different experience and it took much longer.  It took me 6 months the first time.  Don't worry about this timespan as we're all different, and it wasn't all doom and gloom throughout that time for me.  

Yes you will have increased anxiety - its initial side effects.  It will wear off.  I doubt there's anything wrong other than it being anxiety and depression.  It does feel horrendous I know.

Try and just go with it - remind yourself you're recovering and it'll take a little while for your body to heal.  It will.

K x

• Posted

Yeah I'm off work right now from this and don't want to be waiting for ever, I realize healing takes times but I've been like this since then end of last year and just want some damn relief. I really hope Prozac is the one but its deffinitly not feeling like it at this point. Thanks for the kind words tho it all helps no matter what knowing your not alone in the struggle gives a little light

• Posted

I was on cipralex for 5 or so years then It just stopped working, they switched me to sertraline and added remeron which I had bad side effects from, so they added riperidol which I seem to be doing pretty good on but stopped working with in a few months so now I'm on this cocktail

• Posted

You do have to give one medication and one dose a long, long time sometimes.  Recovery often comes in waves so you'll feel well only to be hit by a low time again, which will repeat itself through recovery with the bad times eventually petering out and will stop coming.  It doesn't seem to matter what meds or what dose you're on either, as you'll still get this wave effect.

Some people think their meds aren't working because of this wave, and so get them changed which they then have to wait some more whilst the new meds go through the side effects etc and getting the dose right.  On the new meds too you'll start feeling well again and might get hit with that wave again.  You have to let these waves wash over you as they will pass eventually.

Also many people swap from meds to meds and add others in too and the body just gets all confused from all the different types and different doses.  For a lot of people you do have to give meds a good 3-4 months before you can really tell.

During recovery too, often little stressful events will upset the rhythm too again causing anxiety / depression.

The road to recovery is often a really bumpy ride for many.  Some however get a smoother ride.

It is good to know you're not alone :-)

You will get through this.

K xx

• Posted

I started taking 2.5 mg 2 weeks ago and had the worsen anxiety and extremely tired I'm now in week two and was doing good but I ovulated and I crashed the day after that. Two days later I felt fine again. Was gonna go back on bc to end this horrible rude but after reading upon the bc I had taken out (nexplanon) I decided to keep ridding this crazy train and upped my meds, don't Laugh but I cut the other 2.5 in half and took the very small chunk on top of my 2.5. The morning was good but I got tired again and was trying to over power the tired by keeping busy lol I lost! I got really

Anxious and moody so I laid down for a hr and still feel a little tired a small amount of anxiety but much better then I did a hr in a half ago!! Hang in there it will get better!

• Posted

Chris. My body and flouxtine didn't get along .my doctor put me back to sertraline and it been a bumpy road for me still but hang in there and there a lot of great people here to talk to and have experienced and knowledge that some doctors. Don't have and I don't like to say that but it's true

• Posted

Yeah I don't know how much more of this I can take, I just want to be happy and no obsesse over health. I was getting hot flashes which I got on cipralex but my mind just goes to thinking I have cancer. I've been scanned almost from head to toe

• Posted

These medicine mess with u before u get better . I keep thinking I'm going to have a heart attack but bp and heart rate are good and no chest pain. So it all in my mind . I did have a lot of anxiety while I was on the prozach for month in a half. I have learned if I keep my slef busy like playing video game or fixing something or reading a book I stop thinking about if something is wrong with me.

• Posted

I also just wann be normal and not worry about a thing . If we give it time hopefully we are both back to normal
    • Posted

yeah for sure i try to keep busy just its hard to get interested in anything at all so then it just gives lots of time for my fear of cancer to set inĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.