PSA Test

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi i did post a while back about my prostate.

But after going to the hospital he said it's enlarged a bit not much, but said to get a PSA test every 6 months ? but why would they say that if it's not bad.

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So are you having urinary symptoms?

Did he diagnose BPH?

• Posted

Just told me i had a Benign enlarged prostate but not that enlarged he said.

When the doctor at hospital did the finger check i was uncomfortable for hours after and also had blood in my sperm twice must of been to rough wont see him again.

• Posted

So you have been diagnosed by the sounds of it with Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH). 

If you don’t have any symptoms - you dont need treatment.

• Posted

Only symptom i have is getting up for a wee about every 4 hours. but the hospital told my doctors to check my PSA every 6 months.
    • Posted

So you have nocturia - caused by BPH.

BPH will raise your PSA level.

• Posted

Good morning John how high was it ken 
    • Posted

Good morning John.  It could be that number for many reason.  Running, sex and a few other thing.  What was it before.  You may have a infection.  Going through the same thing.  Mine has been 0.4 & 0.7 this time it was 2.2.  High for me.  Going to have it done again in 3 month's.  They found a infection so that may be the cause.  Just relax and don't worry.  I had the finger test this time to he said it was a little bigger but no lumps.  No pan for me your doctor must have big hands.  Just relax  TAke care  Ken  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.