PT after ankle ligament tightening/repair surgery

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm a little over 5 weeks post-op and had my first PT session yesterday. My concern is the PT doing more damage than good. PT office has no paperwork from my dr. other than what I handed them (basic orders) and is just going on what I have told them. I was in a cast for 10 days and have been in a boot for about 4 weeks. FWB as tolerated, boot to be worn 24/7 until next dr. appt. 

I know PT is going to be a little rough but should the PT be yanking on my foot to get it to move?? I moved it as far as I possibly could and she thought I was "sandbagging her" (her words) and she grabbed my foot and pulled hard enough on it that the pain made me come up off the table. Is this normal? I know I need to loosen up everything but I sure as heck don't want to undo everything my ortho repaired.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hell no do not let anybody cause you physical pains are they nuts !?  I would call your surgeon immediately !  And you take charge of your physical therapy in your house do not allow the medical industry to be a bully to you .  If the body is hurting it is the body's way of telling you to lay off and back up a little bit and take things a little easier . Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.