Pulled muscle

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is it only me that keeps on pulling various muscles in my legs by far the worse was a pulled hamstring muscle that took weeks to get better Is it the Pred that is causing this ? This latest pain is at the top of my left leg  😢 I am at present on 10 mg down from 15 mg of Pred . Has this happened to anyone els 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have just started pulling muscles, for no obvious reason, in the last few weeks. Right leg, then left leg and now upper left arm. On each occasion, I did not do anything unusual which should have caused an injury.

?I have no idea what is happening to me.

I've had pmr for 2 1/2 years. I am on 9mgs of pred.

I am not taking anything else.

?I'm living in hope that it will go away.

• Posted

Hello. Sorry to hear that you also are pulling lots of muscles , it wouldn’t be so bad if they weren’t  so painful. Does your pulled muscle take a long time to get better ? This is week two of my latest pulled muscle and even paracetamol tablets are not easing the pain.

i am hoping that mine is caused bu the Alendronic Acid tablets that I take weekly. Time will tell.

take care.

jennyrose 

• Posted

Thanks so much JennyRose-

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain, and having to take medicine for it.

Mine are more like cramps, but they occur frequently and are definitely new. I am not yet taking any medicine for it except I had to up my Lipitor because of some cardiac indications, and I am thinking these are from the increased dose. My limited understanding indicates that the tablets may have something to do with your difficult pain. I hope you can find some remedy for it.

Stay strong!! Amy

• Posted

It is a bizarre health trip I have had with PMR. There is always some new health problem popping up. I go to a French Osteopath who helps to reduce the pain for my muscles and joints. Treatment is a little painful, but it reduces the length of time it takes to recover. I am drinking more fluid now, in case that is the cause. 

​I just hope this problem will go away too, like some other weird health issues which have come and gone since I have been on this trip.

​I hope you can get some relief. Take care

• Posted

Thank you so much. I too heard that keeping very hydrated may be extremely helpful in speeding the healing process.

Amy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.