Pulled muscles

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi every body has any body else suffered from pulled muscles from doing the simplest things a couple of months ago I was hovering up n felt my right shoulder muscle pull then their was pain I tried voltarol but couldn't reach where it hurt to put it on I went to the doc he gave me some baclofen 10mg to relax the muscles I tried them for about four days but my arms were jerking really bad so stopped taking them . Then again hovering this time with my left hand to give right shoulder a rest I felt a shearing pain underneath the arm more to ribs. then yesterday I was sat down emptying my shopping trolley then I felt another shearing pain in my left ribs under the bust iv got heat patches on plus voltarol cream . I'm just wondering if it's pmr or ribs as when I went to see rheumy he said I had osteoporosis and had to get the infusion of zoledronate still waiting to hear from the hospital 're that

Thank you all.in advance

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The underlying autoimmune disorder that causes the symptoms is continuing in the background and making your muscles intolerant of acute exercise - which is why we keep saying to be careful and build up any exercise you do slowly - and the pred as well makes it very much easier to pull muscles than usual. And no - not osteoporosis.
    • Posted

Forgot to say - it also means the muscles don't heal normally either and it takes longer for the pain to go away. 

A lot of people say that the PMR does seek out their weak spots!

• Posted

Thank you Eileen

I didn't know that pmr could effect your body by doing the simplest of things like hovering

But now I know I will be doing it more gentler and not so vigorous thank you for your reply I don't know what I would do without this forum it actually educates me more than the doc ever have

• Posted

I go to an osteopath who is excellent and knows about PMR. I have been using her on and off ever since I was diagnosed with PMR. She went off to Canada for a year and I tried others but they were not a patch on my current one. 
    • Posted

That sounds, like a go o idea Ptolemy

If they not too expensive I might give one ago .

I would love to get back to my fitness level I was s before pm r

It was never on the basis of marathon on even jogging but just to have that level of fitness back would be great

Thank you Ptolemy

• Posted

Than you everybody

For taking the time to reply and for your kind words much appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.