Pulling after prolapse opp

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone, just need a bit of clarification , I had my Anterior repair done 14 days ago and I am experiencing a pulling felling with pain if I walk to quickly or with a normal gate, has anyone else had this or should I consult my surgeon. Thanks

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. No, cannot say I have experienced that. My pain is a dull ache in the bowel when I sit, stand or walk. Plus severe pain in groin. Now taking diazepan to try to relax all the muscles. I think we have all underestimated just how much surgery we've undergone and how much repair our bodies need to do. I would give GP a ring if I were you just to put your mind at rest. We all seem to be discharged from hospital with a packet of paracetamol and left to get on with it. So pleased I found this site. Take care.
  • Posted

Hi there, I had a posterior and anterior repair done, with a tightening of the perineum, 20 months ago. At fourteen days, why YES of course you are going to get pulling and pain. There is still an awful lot of healing to be done for at least another two months and not everyone is the same. Do try to be patient. You should still be resting as much as you can and walk very slowly when you do stretch your legs. Its only natural that you are feeling 'pulling with pain' but as the wound and surrounding tissue begins to shrink back, all will be well. In the meantime, just enjoy being a lady of leisure! The longer you rest and stay off your feet, the better the result and I know I've been there. The recovery is challenging there's no denying that but the results are BRILLIANT. I'm 70 by the way and thrilled with the results of my 'double repair'. LadyPink
    • Posted

thank you for this info Ms. LadyPink. I am only 5 weeks into recouperation. feeling great and strong. SCARED AS CAN BE> praying all the time. Your response to Wifetorite55 really helps me too....gigi66...posterior repair with urethral sling and perineohorraphy
    • Posted

Hi gigi66, Just to add to my message from a few days ago; like you I was scared about the final results, as prior to my surgery I had not long remarried at the age of 69. I married a man 8 yrs younger and had amazingly rediscovered the joys sex when I thought that had gone forever. So I was really scared this would come to an abrupt end. Well, let me tell you, my fears were unfounded and all is even better than ever. My lady surgeon encouraged me to resume sexual relations as soon as I could, as she said it was the finest 'exercise' for the muscles 'down there' and for simply feeling good and 'normal' again. She was so right. My new husband said it was like being with a twenty year year old - the old flatterer HaHaHa, (Shame my surgeon couldn't have done a facelift too!)  Try not to worry as I'm sure you'll do as well as I did. The secret is to rest, rest, rest, and remember to "listen to your body"; it will tell you when you are doing too much and need to rest. Good luck with the rest of your recovery. Look after yourself. LadyPink
    • Posted

Hello again Ms. LadyPink

I am just updating my status a little to fill you in and get some of your great advice once again.

I finally did the do and had sex. It has been about 9 weeks post surgey for posterior repair with urethral sling and perineohorraphy. I was not pleased as I felt no sensation really. I have to tell you a secret....I faked all of it.......😪😪😪😪😞....I wasn't in any pain. I had very little discomfort for my first time again. I felt like my opening is too wide. I felt like he was too small. I felt like is he there all the way??? I asked him...I know...but had too...I asked if he felt any difference he said it is better. Sooo...why don't I feel the same?? Please help. I want to BELIEVE that it's because it's only one time? Or that my musclea are not well yet? But it killed me not to feel anything with him like before the surgery. Please tell me that this will change. i have not tried again and its been a week. Thanks for any info you can provide.

• Posted

I wish I could help you Wfeorite55 but I have never had surgery. I am sure someone will answer you soon. This is a good forum for prolapse answers. I wish you well and no matter what happens or what answers you receive, it is always good to double check with the surgeon.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Hello. Have you ever observed prolapse surgery? I have many times and I can assure you what you are feeling is perfectly normal because of all the pulling and pushing that goes on in order to repair your prolapse. Also the position you are put in to enable the surgeon to carry out the repair causes aches and pains. Your body is telling you to rest. Mother Nature is very good at this so make sure you get plenty and continue with your pain relief and make sure you don't get constipated. Take care.
    • Posted

Thank you. Your reply has confirmed what I thought. I was awake during my two procedures and although I couldn't feel pain, I could feel immense pressure. Time will heal.
  • Posted

Hang in there. I'm only 6 days post op and still trying to know how my body is healing but this has been a great source of help prior to and after my procedure..
  • Posted

everyone is so helpful on here words of encouragment really help and all the advice, I was starting to think I was being a wimp lol
    • Posted

There no wimps on here Wifetorite, we are all honest and open about our issues and we feel we can be ourselves and vent our health problems. Never hold back when you got something on your plate that is bothering you. There is always someone here to help.

Blessings to all the ladies

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.