Pulling after prolapse opp

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone, just need a bit of clarification , I had my Anterior repair done 14 days ago and I am experiencing a pulling felling with pain if I walk to quickly or with a normal gate, has anyone else had this or should I consult my surgeon. Thanks

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Wifetorite55

I just had my posterior repair/urethral sling/ and perineohorraphy done

I had the same sensation as you when I started to move more freely. I am now into my fifth week of recouperation and I still feel some pulling, It has improved. I guess it gets better as time goes on, I read on google search for these procedures that a good time frame is about six months to start feeling like our normal selves again and to be able to practice full activities without much concern, so hang in there and no lifting, pulling or estrenous exercise. I started doing some walking and going to the gym but only on the elyptical and that feels a bit much so I do it every other day and stick to the walking. Be safe and relax relax relax...lets get this healing right. good luck...god bless

• Posted

I am finding these discussions very helpful. Tomorrow will be my 9th week postoperative and I am still feeling pulling, uncomfortableness, kind of a pricking and no energy.  No one has mentioned getting the mesh.  I had a prolapsed bladder, loop of intestine prolapse and much vaginal repair work done.  It does get discouraging to feel better one day and then the next feel wiped out.  Since I am 71 I know it takes longer to fully recover.
    • Posted

Hi. I am 6wks post op for anterior and posterior prolapse. I too can be great one day and next day feel like everything hanging out. So exasperating. Hugs. Xx
    • Posted

Did you have mesh put in to support your bladder susiest? Just wondering because there is a lot of dicussion about the problems with mesh and just wondering if you have had any problems if you had the mesh put in?

Lynn

• Posted

Hello Jills

I just had a lady, 29 years old email me on my facebook a photo of her actual condition and wanted me to tell her if it looked like a return of her prolapse because she just had an operation. At first I was shocked she would send me a photo like that but then I get desperate times make some people take desperate measures. I told her I am not a doctor of course but what I saw looked more like swelling then the return of a prolapse. I wasn't a hundred percent sure, but I told her to go to the doctor and ask him or her if this was swelling from the prolapse surgery and not another prolapse starting to come down. I am glad to report that I was right, it was swelling after her surgery, even though it resemble a beginning of a prolapse. I hope that you get well and I thinkg it is normal to feel like things are hanging a little after surgery. Not sure because I have never had surgery and don't want surgery for my prolapse. I have no pain, or washroom issues, so I can live with it. Hope you get well quickly and hope everything goes well.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn, yes I did have the mesh. I am now, this coming Tuesday, 11 weeks post op.  I don't know if you read my previous posts but I am 71 and it has taken me longer than I expected.  I don't feel the bloating now but I find that even though my pants aren't tight I feel pressure so now mostly stretchy waists.   My vaginal area is fine in the morning but by early afternoon pretty sore.  Ibuprofen when needed  and estrace cream twice a week.

I have an appointment with my doctor this coming Friday.  How are you feeling?  Rest, rest.

• Posted

Hi every one

I'm so pleased to have come across this forum as there is so little information on these procedures as one member said send you home with painkillers and let you get on with it ?

I had an anterior repair surgery 12 Dec 2017, contracted a bladder infection, which seems quite common.

My main concern is I still have a lot of pulling sensation around my belly button area and can't fit into any of my normal clothes as my belly feels bloated, and have to where stretchy clothes, would really be helpful to know if any one else has the same as me. Look forward to hearing from you all 😊

• Posted

Hi .. I’m am just over 2 weeks post op.. I too have pulling and cramping .. and feel absolutely wiped out .. I thought I would start to feel a little better... still having painkillers regularly, and yes I too need to wear loose cloth s due to sensation around my abdomen...
    • Posted

Hi Denise

Hope your recovery is going well. Thanks for your reply made me feel a lot better and not alone and knowing others are going through the same.

All the best 😊

• Posted

Hi Lisa, I also got a bladder infection just after hysterectomy and bladder lift, but it’s gone now.  No prob, yet, with belly button incision or others, although the top right abdomen incision hurt for about 5 days.  My issues are below.  Hope you’re better by now.
  • Posted

4 weeks ago I had a total hysterectomy and transvaginal mesh sling bladder lift in order to alleviate pelvic pain mostly occurring after sex, and leakage when laughing, bearing down, etc.  The docs and I suspected/guessed both small uterine cysts and slightly lowered bladder as possible causes of pain.  I thought the pain from the surgeries was subsiding until a couple days ago when I was aroused during sexual foreplay type activities.  Later in the day I experienced fiery, sharp, achey, and severe back pain with bloating and renewed constipation.  Today I feel a pulling sensation with stabbing feelings from anus to vagina when I sit down and or go pee.  I also still have a slight light brown discharge without odor.  My doc misled me when I asked him if the mesh he was using was like that so saw on tv (trans).  He said, no, that he’d used his device for years with no problems.  Yep, I’m now told he used trans!  I’m scared to death now that this renewed pain as described above is a bad sign due to mesh.  Seriously, the fire I felt after foreplay was horrible.  Now I’m not even sure that the pain I felt before surgery isn’t still with me or if it’s a bad mesh experience or normal healing process.  I think I want him to take the mesh back out but I doubt he will or could as I hear it’s permanent.  The fear I feel is immense.  Thoughts and advice?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.