pulmonary embolism and flying

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi everyone i was diagonised with pe on both lungs on the 15th of may 2017 i am now on rivaroxaban  15mg twice a day and 25mg of sildenafil 3 times a day i am due to fliy on a 9 hour flight on 11th of june 2017 now that iam aware of what i need to do i am willing to take my chances and fly but im getting so much a mixture of opinions but the bottom line i really want to fly  even though its relatively early iam feeling well within my self any input here will be much appreciated

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all,

Unfortunately we all have PE and (PH) and we wont to fly or thinking about flying, after all the reading and research about PE & (PH) we still ask should I, or is the question really have anyone flown and Died or what was the outcome of your flight any better any worst or was there no change in your PE & (PH). The reason why I say this is because I am quite sure we did not get PE & (PH) from flying.This weekend I'm going to a Funeral in NYC and yes I thought of flying for the first time since 2010 my PE-PH but after reading all of yours comments I guess I will drive or train it like I have been doing from FL.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.