Punchbag Forum ..... Go For It Guys and Gals!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Just remembered this very important thread :D

0 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I find it absolutely astonishing that anyone can attribute our poorly symptoms to 'over resting' :shock: This is a completely new one to me Trees :shock:

Daisy, I think we should definitely all get our heads (albeit foggy ones) together and compile a new ME self-help manual gleaned from our own personal experiences because it seems that some non-sufferers fail to understand our condition. The most informative, understanding and helpful books have almost always been written by ME sufferers themselves.

I am quite convinced that my recurring 'poorly' symptoms are due to [b:7363ef6f97]overdoing[/b:7363ef6f97] things rather than excessive resting for heaven's sake :evil: I have now learnt to read my body and it very quickly tells me when I have pushed myself too far and the time has come to stop or at least slow down.

[b:7363ef6f97]Over-resting, my foot [/b:7363ef6f97] :steam:

• Posted

Over :bleep: resting :?:

Oh for heavens :bleep: sake.

How many more [i:ef0a9b35c8]excuses[/i:ef0a9b35c8] will so-called experts come up with for this darned illness :twisted:

Do they seriously think that we don't [b:ef0a9b35c8]try [/b:ef0a9b35c8]to feel better :evil: :bleep: :evil:

• Posted

But we've always known it haven't we? Lots of people think we are just lazy good-for-nothings :cry:
  • Posted

Well before any other :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: 'expert' decides to write another :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: ME manual, I suggest they read through this forum first :evil:
  • Posted

Yes, quite..... Also, if it was just a matter of not resting enough ( :roll: ), how come it affects[b:328d21dc61] every [/b:328d21dc61]part of our bodies??

Surely it would just be our muscles - not head, stomach, etc etc etc :weird:

• Posted

Trees, I have just read a book by Trudie Chalder, that i got from the library. It caused me to respond like you! :shock:

She advocates excersize cos all the problems with ME come from resting too much :?:

Me thinks it is the other way round... I am bad when i overdo it :oops:

Dont think i ever under do things cos i just cant take to my bed except when in a relapse situation

Dale xxx

• Posted

Goodness, Dale, I think we'd all agree with you - who is this Trudie person ?? :shock:

The only way I know of feeling better is to rest

The only way I know of feeling ill is to do too much and not rest enough :roll:

• Posted

It just shows that this Trudie person has a complete lack of understanding of ME :evil:

How many hundreds of times have all of us relapsed or at least had some form of setback due to [b:06902753e2]overdoing[/b:06902753e2] things ...... I have never heard any of us falling by the wayside because of too much rest :evil:

My ME course instructor would have a fit if she was told that exercise is [b:06902753e2]good[/b:06902753e2] for ME ..... that ill-founded theory was thrown out years ago.

Of course we all [b:06902753e2]want[/b:06902753e2] to exercise(wouldn't need the kaftans in that case :lol: ) ....... resting is boring, boring, boring ...... and not something any of us do unless we absolutely [b:06902753e2]have[/b:06902753e2] to :evil:

Oops, that ME adrenaline surging forth now :erm: :weird:

• Posted

Her theory is that you get muscle wastage if you dont excersize regularly. She advocates regular excersize and tells you not to put off doing it if you don't feel well :grrr:

Please don't shhot the messenger... :shock:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Yea, well you can tell her where to stick her theory Dale :evil:

What utter [size=24:8fe178e927]tosh[/size:8fe178e927]

We have all discovered only too well what happens if we continue to push ourselves when getting the warning signs of being unwell :roll:

• Posted

Alicia, could you rustle up a pic of a gun please :lol:
  • Posted

Another case of the patient knows best! :roll:

dale xxx

• Posted

[quote:7109e31ea5=\"katie.k.\"]Alicia, could you rustle up a pic of a gun please :lol:[/quote:7109e31ea5]

Your wish is my command. O great Mod One :lol:

[img:7109e31ea5]http://bestsmileys.com/army/10.gif[/img:7109e31ea5]

• Posted

It's a good job we know best, if I hadn't read up on some of my symptoms and forced doctors to make appointments at hospital for further tests half of my illnesses would'nt have been confirmed diagnosis so never take there words alone for it now my B12 was so low it was almost off the scale before I got injections prescribed and it was only when I realised the symptoms weren't getting any better that I started to look at other reasons and chanced upon this site where the symptoms could have been written by me so I'll be back on Tuesday rattling his cage again for some answers he does love when I appear with all my information listed (notl lol)
  • Posted

I love it Alicia, would be great if we could keep that one :lol: :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.