PVCs after COVID

Posted , 24 users are following.

Hi Everyone;

As a 23 year old male who doesn't smoke, very rarely drink alcohol and mostly active (apart from the time I was stuck at home during covid due to quarantines), I started experiencing PVCs once I went through Covid and vaccination. (3 doses, inactivated). I have seen a cardiologist and went through ECG, Echocardiogram, 24-Hour Holter and Treadmill Stress Test. They told me my heart is structurally fine and I should not be worried.

However, I had a burden of 650 PVCs on a 24 hour basis. My doctor told me everyone has PVCs but rarely people feel them. My PVCs tend to disappear with exercise and come back during resting. I used to have way more of them after I had the third dose of vaccine, but I feel like they are getting better now.

I wanted to ask if anybody had the same story. Did anybody start experiencing these after Covid/Vaccination ? Did they get any better ? Should I be worried, because I am due to anxiety rising up.

For those who experienced PVCs, did you ever heal or are you aware of any remedies that helps with them ?

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Exactly iam the same as you but mine started because of Covid at the very first beginning....i had Covid symptoms back in March 2020 on the fourth day i started having these weird symptoms in my chest i have never ever complained about my heart before Covid.. same as you non smoker no Alcohol excercising alot but iam 43 ...Done all of the tests Ecg ,echo,stress test and they say my heart is structurely fine ..i have PVC as well i get anywhere up to 2000 pvc ,,somedays none ... sometimes it disappears for weeks but it always come back...iam afraid to say the only solution for it is ablation but they dont tend to do it on the NHS unless it is very high number ...the explanation for this is a group of cells somewhere in the ventricles misbehaving and keeps firing out of no where ,, the programming of those cells have been changed because of the virus ...Nearly 3 years down the line and never completely gone iam really sick of them .

• Posted

I've read somewhere (not some kind of research tho, mostly forums) that PVCs such as ours could resolve with time since they are virally induced. However, most people say it has been years and unfortunately I also think the only solution is an ablation. Many people have had Covid but there are so few such as us with palpitation symptoms that remained. You caught Covid when unvaccinated right ? And there are suspicions on the efficiency of mine. Maybe we were the unlucky ones.

• Posted

to be honest iam not sure if it is going to disappear or not if it is virally induced ...but what iam certain of either Covid or the Vaccine can cause them ...it does happen to some people ...i only had two doses of the vaccine and wont take it again i was refusing to take the vaccine but for the purpose of traveling i just took it.....yeah i caught Covid about two to three times ..the first one was in March 2020 there were no vaccines yet..this is when my Ectopics started .. hopefully it will disappear but iam not sure of that ...Have you got GERD or Acid reflux this can trigger them as well .

• Posted

hi. i had Covid in May 2022, a bad case, was ill for 25 days, and it DEFINITELY made my palpitations and chest tightness worse

i've spoken with hospital nurses in cardiology, and they tell me that many patients complain that after having Covid, they suddenly get really bad heart palpitations that don't go away

so i just want to thank the thoughtless turd who gave me Covid - I know who he is and he should have known better, but he chose not to show me any regard and infected me, knowing i was vulnerable with low immunity

since I've had Covid, my heart issues have worsened considerably. they were bad before, but now they're worse. every effing day i have palpitations. every day. every day. every day. it never ends.

• Edited

I had no history of pvc's which is documented by yearly ekg's for the last 11 years. After the pfizer vaccine I had over 700 in one day which was shown on the 24 hour Holter. I also had tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, and joint pains. I have not had covid.

• Edited

Im also a post covid PVC sufferer. PVCS started March 2022 during my covid. With echo confirming i also had pericarditis.

iv had 5 Holter minitors so far, all showing between 26,000 -36,000 ectopics. Im

having an ablation next week. Fingers crossed its successful.

• Posted

Hello! I hope the ablation went great and you're okay now. Can you tell me how you felt before the ablation, what symptoms you had, how you are now, and whether the ablation hurt?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

I'm going to have to go to the bathroom, but my success rate is 60% because it's the left ventricle and the left side.

• Edited

Hi, I have had PVCs for many years but after my Phizer covid jab which was my first booster i had constant PVCs for weeks, i sent in readings to the arthymia nurse who said not to worry, they never really went back to the number i was having before the booster. i was then contacted to have my autumn booster so rang my cardiologist to ask his advise as to weather i should have it but because i have an autoimmune condition he told me i should, so i did and i cant tell you how much i regret it my PVCs are almost constant now when i am moving around, they absolutely terrify me , i was a very active person before and now just dont want to go out at all as they just are so strong and make me so tired, yet cardiologist says ignore them, wish i could

• Edited

So sorry to hear this, Jane.

Do you ever feel like if one more doctor says they are "benign" or to "just ignore them" you will lose your mind?

I got a second booster in April 2022, and contracted Covid in May. The week or so before my infection, I had a terrible time with PVCs and a-fib. My cardiologist says that may have been my body's response to the incipient infection, but I also think it could have been as a result of the booster (though I had no effects from the vaccines or prior booster.) PVCs have been worse for the last 6 months as a result. I am seeing a naturopathic doctor who prescribed supplements and also a viral binder to help clear spike antigens from my system.

It's always such a great mystery...we are doing the best we can with this...hang in there and know you are not hiking this trail alone.

Jennifer

• Posted

I'm 52 and other than being lower in frequency on PVCs (6 or 7 a day, usually less) I am very similar. (Non-smoke, non-drink, exercise but not regularly, unvaccinated.) Mine started after contracting Delta last December which I was hospitalized for 3 weeks with 3 days on a BiPAP. The BiPAP pushed extensive amount of air into my chest which got into fat pads around heart but thankfully no further.

They settled quite a bit but then I think I got reinfected back this last October and they got a bit worse. They seem to be settling back down but I've not found anything reliable to help them. I don't know if its placebo but burping seems to help which I induce by drinking small amounts of soda pop. For whatever reason, just plain water seems to increase them.

I hear you on anxiety. Mine has been crazy high since leaving the hospital. Only when the PVCs / palpitations settle down am I able to truly & fully relax.

Hope things have settled down for you since you wrote this!

• Edited

Hello Batu,

I have been researching the connection between pvcs and covid booster for months and stumbled upon your post. I too started having pvcs after my moderna bivalent booster in September. They have been pretty constant and consistent since then, so for over 3 months now. I have had the same testing as you mentioned- EKG, echocardiogram, zio patch (heart monitor worn for 14 days). Cardiologist thinks that the booster could be responsible for the pvcs as an immune response. Like you, I am healthy, eat well, exercise regularly, don't smoke, drink minimal alcohol. Cardiologist says not to worry, but like you, I feel the pvcs any time I'm not exercising (ie. whenever my heart rate is under 80), so it's hard to relax. I do think anxiety plays a role.

Have your pvcs subsided yet? I would be interested to know of the other responses to your questions, as they are not visible here.

Hope you are well,

Bobbi

• Edited

I had my second covid shot in June of 2021 when I was 29. Within three weeks I experienced a PVC that was so powerful it caused me to faint. I went through a full cardiac work up that turned up nothing. I had chest tightness, shortness of breath and pvcs once a day, once a week, and eventually once a month. Then almost a full year and two months later (Oct 22') I decided to get a flu vaccine. Within one week I developed PVCs that were so frequent I was getting them every 5-10 seconds for several days straight. Went back to the cardiologist and wore a 2 week heart monitor that found the frequent PVCs and one case of vTac that lasted 15 seconds. My cardiologist prescribed me blood pressure medicine which did nothing for the PvCs. He then recommended I try a magnesium supplement. To my suprise the PVCs are down to once per day or less after magnesium. As for the Vtac, I will wear a monitor again in six months, my theory is it is related to the high frequency of PVCs which ive never experienced . My cardiologist says PVCs are nothing to worry about but for me personally I am very healthy and have never had any heart issues or PVCs until I received the second dose of the covid vaccine. So I believe it is in fact something to worry about especially since the cause may be vaccine related.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.