PVCS all-day every day wrecking my life!!Anyone else??

Posted , 53 users are following.

Hi I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has this problem? Im 27 usually active quite healthy aside from asthma & for the last month I've had pvcs from the minute I wake up to the minute I fall asleep sometimes it gets to the point of every few beats I'll have one, I literally can't take it anymore I'm so scared to do anything. I've had countless amounts of emergency room visits for it and been told I'm fine but somewhere I don't believe it and I'm expecting the worst. they get so bad to the point I get dizzy short of breath and sweaty. They say my ecgs are fine my bloods are unremarkable and xrays are normal. so don't know what is causing them. I'm so scared I can't live like this much longer.

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I have been dealing with PVCS on and off for about 14 years now. No one can seem to figure out the problem. I have had all the major heart tests done and still, here I am, trying to get through another day pretending the next heart beat wont be my last. Every skip sends me reeling, and sometimes, i cannot control the anxiety forced upon me from these flutters. I am currently married to a nurse, and i have seen a doctor recently for my PVCS. I had an echo performed and i do not have any signs of heart disease or heart damage. But as we know, AND WE ALL DO KNOW THIS, it matters very little what the doctor says about our hearts. I feel mine skip repeatedly all day, everyday. (I am under the 10% threshold deemed dangerous by the medical experts). Anyway, my poor wife. I have researched this problem extensively and too no avail. Regardless of how you feel every time your heart skips, you still have to live life. You cant live in the hospital, and you cant obsess over these flutters and still enjoy everything around you. My wife is my safety net. When i feel panicked and unable to function, she reminds me.... ITS BEEN 14 YEARS! And that cannot be any more true. 14 years ive lived in fear and ive been tormented. And ive never taken the time to just think to myself, IF THERE WAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM, WOULDNT I FKN KNOW BY NOW? So dont fear. Relax. Embrace. Enjoy your life. I hope you will all read this and that these words may bring some calm to your life. You are fine, and you will get through another day.

God Bless

• Posted

I know how awful frequent PVC's can be. For years I let them intimidate me into lying in bed and running scared to the hospital. I wore a Holter monitor, took a stress treadmill test, and spent hours on telemetry in the E.R. Benign pvc's was the diagnosis. They say they're harmless, but they sure don't feel like it! Ive fought these things for 50yrs. Now I do my best to live as closely to normal as possible. lying in bed all day is not really living. I have long stretches between episodes, and right now I'm having frequent bouts, mostly at night. We're going through some difficult times, and I think that is what brought on the palpitations. Continue to enjoy your life, and touch bases with your physician. worrying seems to make them worse. According to resources, palpitations are rarely serious. you're very blessed to have a supportive spouse! The best of luck to you! 😊🙏

• Edited

Hey everyone, I'm really glad to find this chat room.

I was diagnosed with PVCs about 10 yrs ago. I am now 42yrs old.

This was determined after I complained to my GP about the feeling of a skipped hart beat. After EKG, Halter and Stress test it was diagnosed as PVC's and I was told nothing to worry about.

I have always dealt with General Anxiety and take an Cymbalta (antidepressant ). I am also very active and enjoy physical activity.

I have always managed with the PVCs other then catching me off guard them quiet easily only having the odd surprise and discomfort when they would happen (maybe 1x per day or every other day)

Over the last week however they have been happening a-lot more frequently and i experience a bit of a fluttery sensation or almost bubbly sensation in my throat that lasts long after the PVC and then eventually goes away just to comeback again. Upon each PVC i check my neck to see what my heart beat is doing. I often feel the large "thud" and then back to normal. I don't experience an increase in heart rate at all.

Anyway its just super frustrating and all I can think about hoping it will go away...the stress and anxiety just gets worse and in my opinion causes it to happen more frequently.

Does anyone else get the fluttery feeling as well? Almost like the "in love" feeling....

Thanks everyone for the input, i'm sure everything is fine and this will pass...

• Edited

i also get this. mine is like a random and sudden thump in my throat/neck(?) like in the base of my throat. it is strong and very very noticeable, but the heart rate remains the same, it wont go up or anything. so it isnt heart racing, just the throat thump and it is really scary, strong and uncomfortable. I cant shake the feeling g that something is off and after having one, even if it lasts only a few secs, I will think about it for hours after, because it is so scary. docs also told me nothing to worry abt but it is impossible..

• Posted

hello,

i started getting the thud feeling for about 4 months now. i do believe it gets worse with anxiety. i do have a long history have anxiety. but i feel like the extra best it self makes me very anxious. has anything helped you improved your symptoms ?

• Posted

hello,

i get them very often throughout the day. they fill like a pause , follow by a strong forceful bit right after. have you found anything to keep them at bay? did your doctor tell you it was brought by stress?

• Posted

yes they told me I did have ectopic beats and that's probably what I feel, just with an augmented perception. I have been calmer about this though it still freaks me out when it happens. how have you been?

• Posted

Hello, I have had the same symptoms and experience as you have described. I purchased a Kardia Mobile at home ekg monitor for $99 on Amazon and it has helped me a bit mentally. I can see every pvc I have print on my phone when it happens. Before that I just felt crazy. No help from the Dr. or cardiologist, my holter monitor didn't show it and no one could find a problem with any of my tests. But this device shows each and every one while I feel them. You can even download and print the readings for you Dr. although mine didn't care. I also take pills that are a combination of Co-Q10, magnesium, and L-Cartenine to help the symptoms.

• Edited

have you had Covid19?... I had Covid symptoms last year and since then I have been suffering of PVCs

• Posted

I just got over Covid! I'm thinking that may have exacerbated my symptoms, along with personal problems. 10 people in our household had covid, and we're still feeling the after effects. Long covid can cause a number of symptoms. Talk to your doctor if you think you are experiencing any of them. Take care.

• Posted

Do read the many threads and you will find numerous people who have very frequent ectopics. They tend to come and go, with some days being very scary de to the number and then you can be completely clear of them for days. The medical profession can often be very dismissive but that only makes the person ever more anxious which makes things worse.

you don't say if there are any triggers especially that caused the series that began a month ago.

Are you overweight, under undue stress at work or at home, worried about someone else, changed your diet, got new medication, moved house etc etc. Even changing household cleaners or being exposed to more pollution or having a server too near you seem to cause problems so do analyse your circumstances.

The more anxious you get the more ectopics you are likely to suffer but only you can know whether you need to insist on more tests and a ecg/holter

• Edited

I'm literally crying reading this. I'm sorry you all are going through this, but just reading your stories and knowing I'm not alone or crazy is an incredible relief. Ive had PVCs off and on my entire life but the past month has been the worst its ever been. Multiple times a minute every few minutes every day for a month. The 15 second EKG I had at the doctors office where my heart didn't do it and was dismissed as normal wasn't exactly reassuring. After reading these replies, tonight is going to be the first time in a solid month that I'm not dreading going to bed fearful I wont wake up in the morning because of this issue. For the record, I'm taking Toprol and magnesium. My doctor told me to ignore them but it is much easier said than done.

• Posted

what are they mate ectopics? like a skipped beat feeling? i get them it feels like your breath is taken away

• Posted

Asthma plays a huge part in heart behaviour. The best thing to do is work on your breathing. Its possible to overcome this issue but it takes hard work and consistent dedication for heart health and breathing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.