PVCS all-day every day wrecking my life!!Anyone else??

Posted , 53 users are following.

Hi I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has this problem? Im 27 usually active quite healthy aside from asthma & for the last month I've had pvcs from the minute I wake up to the minute I fall asleep sometimes it gets to the point of every few beats I'll have one, I literally can't take it anymore I'm so scared to do anything. I've had countless amounts of emergency room visits for it and been told I'm fine but somewhere I don't believe it and I'm expecting the worst. they get so bad to the point I get dizzy short of breath and sweaty. They say my ecgs are fine my bloods are unremarkable and xrays are normal. so don't know what is causing them. I'm so scared I can't live like this much longer.

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I have had occasional PVC's most my life (I'm 43) and a few times I had hours of several a minute. I recently started to have PAC's. (Confirmed in the ER) It's been over a week of 2-15 PACs or PVCs a minute non stop. I get less when I exercise but then they come right back. I have had my heart checked 2 times in the past several years. I also had Covid a month ago. It's very hard to ignore. I started taking Hawthorn, a supplement called Cortisol Manager, 2 types of magnesium, cold showers, guided meditations daily, and exercise daily. I'm not under more stress than usual and I don't generally have anxiety. My blood work was all fine. The ER gave me beta blockers but I have a low resting heart rate so I haven't tried them (they said to take them if my resting rate is 65 or more but mine is usually around 57). I can ignore it a lot of the time but it wears me down and every once in a while I stress out about it. I keep hoping it will just stop. I see a new Cardiologist in a couple weeks. It help knowing others are experiencing this but are doing ok.

• Posted

If you're athletic, that could account for a slower heart rate. Please let us know the outcome of your doctor's visit. take care.

• Posted

My situation is almost identical to yours. I've had them for 17 years - cardio doc said my heart is fine. Recently the pvc/pac's have become more frequent (2-16/minute). I suspect covid, although I've never actually tested positive. My resting pulse is mid 50's, so beta blockers are not an option. My pulse rate remains steady and only feel them when at rest. I'm also taking hawthorn, magnesium glycinate and citrate, potassium, D3, and Coq10. The anxiety sure doesn't help anything, but it's difficult to rein in. I think you are on the right track. I don't know how to stop this, but I think if I focus on keeping as healthy as possible it will help. I do believe the pvc/pac's will slow down for us after a few months.

• Posted

hi. i've dealt with a worsening of my heart palpitations since early 2019 - over 3 years now - and it's still unresolved. i'm in my fifties and i used to be fit and active, but i now live like a 90 year old - bed bound mostly, afraid to move my body much. the palpitations never really go away. if i'm "lucky," i might go for a week or so without any, or very few, but normally, i get them every effing day, off and on, all day. i'm sick of it. it's like torture. i've also wanted to just die. i often hope i die in my sleep. i can't live like this. i also feel doctors aren't really taking it seriously. they have no idea just how debilitating this can be. it can ruin your life. and doctors MINIMISE just how much it messes up your life. i can't even SING without getting palpitations.

my ECGs are never normal anymore - always abnormal, but doctors also dismiss this. i also suffer on/off chest tightness, sometimes very severe. doctors also wrote this off as anxiety or costocondritis. funny though, nothing relieves the chest tightness apart from aspirin - which supports a case of pulmonary hypertension or angina. are doctors looking into this? no. not yet, anyway. they thought i had asthma and threw some inhalers at me, which did nothing

i see people all around me moving around, being active, people older than me, and it just upsets me so much. they have no idea what it's like to suffer what we suffer.

faulty heart. great. one of the worst things you can have. figures i've got it.

• Posted

I know this post was a while ago but wondering how you are doing? Have you ever asked them about doing an ablation?

• Posted

Yes, I've had those issues on and off for years. Things can feel pretty scary! I've been having frequent episodes for the past couple of weeks. I figure if nothing has happened in all of these years, then I should learn to live with the palpitations. Most of the time they're considered harmless. Take care and the best of luck to you.

• Posted

Glad I'm not the only with the PVC debilitating issue but, not happy to we are not alone. i would not wish a constant PVC's on anyone. I'm almost 60 and feels like I will not make another birthday.

I've had 2 ablations with no luck. i was at 30% on the first and now at 15%. I'm a cardio rat and im at gym 5x per week. Resting heart rate is 55 and the beta blockers reduce my heart rate to low.

When I put the oximeter on it only registers 30 beats per minute. i also use the kardia mobile and I have 16 PVCs per 30 seconds.

The only breaks i get is when im sleeping and when im exercising with my heart rate above 130. After, working out, my heart rate falls along with my chest discomfort in about 20 minutes. .I'm at my wits end.

• Posted

I'm so sorry! I am also at my wits end with PVCs as well and the constant fear that it's going to kill me! I feel for you!

• Edited

I can relate with you 100%! I'm 34 and have had PVCs daily since I was 19! I had covid back in January, and since then they have been worse than ever! For weeks I was having 10,000PVCs + per day and was scared to leave the house because I thought I was going to die all the time, and had a lot of panic attacks. It was horrendous. I was put on a 30 day heart monitor and a couple months after that was done I was put back on a 14 day heart monitor. Both times I wore the monitor they caught NSVT, they said I had runs of 4 PVCs. That scared me nearly to death learning that I have short runs of NSVT! But my doctor and my cardiologist both say I'm fine, but it sure doesn't feel like it! I'm not having 10,000 PVCs per day anymore thank goodness, but I do have them throughout the day. Some days worse than others. I will get couplets, triplets, bigeminy, trigeminy.. just a mix of everything that feels horrendous. I just remind myself that the professionals say they are not concerned, so I try to find comfort in that. I don't drink anything with caffeine anymore, and for me personally I notice that foods with high salt and high sugar make my heart irritable and I get a lot more episodes of runs of PVCs after eating high sugar/salt meals, so for several weeks I've been on a low salt low sugar diet, and although boring it seems to help some. But despite that diet I'm still having couplets all week this week which are driving me crazy! I also take Atenolol every 3 hours which has helped my POTS symptoms tremendously. It's a pain taking medication every 3 hours every day, but at this point I'm desperate and will do whatever it takes to get any amount of relief. Do you have any tips you can pass along about things that help your symptoms?

• Posted

Im glad i found this forum and know that others are going through a similar experience. Had PVCS for years only one or two per day which i though was bad enough then May this year came along and boom 5-6 hour episodes of PVCs every other beat which gas caiired on for months now. Went back to cardiologist and the usual ECG/Echo were all fine. I dont know if the PVCS are alive (joke) as i then was given a holter for 24hrs to see my Burdon and amazingly i went a day without any....i then returned the holter and they returned with a vengence the next few days. Ive tried every supplement that i can come across and nothing seems to work. Beta blockers work sometimes and then don't work the next day. There really is no pattern that i can see for me.

• Posted

I meant to respond to you but accidentally responded to the wrong post! I said:

sorry for the late reply! For me, palpitations make me incredibly anxious, and then when I'm anxious the palpitations get worse. It's a horrific cycle. Nothing has ever cured these PVCs, but helping to control the anxiety they cause has helped me the most. I take a beta blocker, I take a daily SNRI, and an as-needed sedative. It's not a perfect solution, but it does help me feel better and I do recommend it. I hope this helps and I hope you get to feeling better, I have such empathy for you and everyone else suffering from this

• Posted

man, you sound just like me. I'm a Paramedic so you'd think I'd be better at dealing with these buggers. i go to worst case senerio all the time. On a beta blocker and clonazepam when needed. Hope you're having a good day today.

• Posted

Hi I'm 30 years old and felt these very occasionally since i was a teenager I'd say up til last summer where I started feeling them much more frequently along with random episodes of tachycardia. I went the ER and was told that my potassium levels were a bit low and I was experiencing some harmless prebeats. They also said my thyroid levels were a little low and to follow up with my primary. Primary ran blood for my thyroid, ekg, and a heart xray which all came back normal and thyroid a normal range low. They diagnosed me with GAD and gave me an rx for Paxil that i did not take. The pre beats and anxiety went away for 5-6 months and came back in the spring. They worsened thru the summer and now I'm experiencing the prebeat flutter feeling with a few seconds of lightheadedness thru out the day everyday and im just so sick of it. Today I had a good one that put me into 3 hours of anxiety. I felt the flutter in my chest followed by lightheadedness followed by my heart just beating so fast i swear i could see my shirt moving from the beats. My legs went weak and i thought i was going to pass out. It passed in the longest minute of my life just to come on again maybe 10 minutes later. Then just prebeat flutters every half hour more or less for 3 hours. I am fully aware I have an unbalanced diet and i should probably dial back my caffeine. I dont want to go back to the dr to be told it's all in my head again. This forum has given me lots of comfort. I hope we all can heal from this and move forward with the comfort of each others experiences that we are not alone in this.

• Posted

I am in the same boat. I'm female, 64 years old. I am currently sitting on my couch feeling my heart pounding for a couple of hours now. in april i had an episode so bad i ran to the ER. After two days in the hospital and every cardiac test available, i was told i had benign pvcs and referred to an electrophysiologist. he found an electric problem with my heart tissue on the right side that he was able to ablate. he told me he also found an issue with the left side that he couldn't get to, but that it wasn't as bad. he said to expect to have occasional pvcs and learn to ignore them because my heart is fine. after about two months of healing, i felt great. now 6 months later, everything reversed and im back to where i was. hard to function like this because im always tired or nervous. doc prescribed metopropol, but i havent started it yet because im trying so hard to ignore this horrible feeling. i already take two bp medications and im so worried im going to feel like a zombie with another medication. i have another appt with electrophysiologist in a couple of months but may go sooner. im going to try magnesium first and then the metrpropol if the magnesium doesn't help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.