Pvcs pacs and inverted T waves

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone! 

This site has been very helpful with my heart palpitation struggles. 

About a year ago I started to have  the pvc’s and pac’s. Over the year they have became more frequent. I had several ekgs, all with inverted t waves. I had a stress echo which turned out fine, and an echocardiogram which was also normal. I just can’t believe the doctors when they are telling me my heart is fine. My heart pounds constantly. I constantly see my stomach thumping very hard. This has all caused a lot of anxiety. I was offered beta blockers, but my bp is usually 100/70. I couldn’t tolerate the medicine, because it made me very dizzy with no energy. I tried magnesium, but that made me dizzy as well. I’ve been to numerous doctors endocrinologist, neurologists, ent and all my test come back normal. I just can’t figure this out. I feel as if the doctors aren’t taking me seriously, because I’m a little younger than the typical heart patient. I’m a 37 year for of female. 

I’m just looking for anyone who has been through this to connect to. It’s very scary not knowing what is going on with your heart. 

Thank you to everyone who replies. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day. 

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I forgot to mention that I wore a monitor for 48 hours. The results were pac’s and pvc’s 

I’m also a former smoker and drink lightly. I notice if I have a few glasses of wine the palpitations are really bad the next day. 

• Posted

Have you been tested for pulmonary emboli? Do you experience any chest pain or breathing problems?
    • Posted

Hi, thank you for replying . I just recently started experiencing chest pain. I went to a pulmonologist, and he went down the anxiety route. I know my symptoms are not caused by anxiety. I think I’ll call his office and request to have a pulmonary function test. 

• Posted

Do you smoke or have you in the past? Were you ever on the combined contraceptive pill? Have you had any prolonged time where you were sedentary?
    • Posted

Hi, yes I am a former smoker. I’m going to make an appointment with a pulmonary doctor. 

If I get any chest pain, I’ll just go to the Er. 

I’ve been struggling with these symptoms for so long. I forget what’s it’s like to feel like my normal self. 

Thank you for your help smile 

• Posted

Ask for a D-dimer blood test and a ct scan with contrast. I used to be on the pill and I started developing chest pains last time was on it so I stopped. Then I got palpitations and breathing problems, I used to smoke as well but not loads, but I smoked when I was on the pill, on and off. I was put on beta blockers which helped the palpitations but made my heart really irregular. I had all the heart tests chest X-ray and everything came back clear. That pulse oximeter thing said my oxygen levels were fine. I thought maybe it was really bad allergies. Anyway eventually I organised a ct scan with contrast and it showed I had lots of small blood clots on my lungs. I have had them for years but the doctors never gave me a test for it. PEs are very often mistaken for anxiety, particularly if you don’t fit into the typical stereotype person who would have them.
    • Posted

I will definitely ask for that. Sometimes you need to be pushy with these doctors. They are so quick to blame it on anxiety. 

I wouldn’t have anxiety if I didn’t have these symptoms. 

Did they give you anything to help you? 

I hope you are feeling much better! 

• Posted

The thing you said about not being anxious until you had the symptoms is so true. I had anxiety when I was much younger so I knew how it felt and it is a completely different experience. The thing is when all my tests came back clear I believed them and went on antidepressants which were also for anxiety and I put on 2 and a half stone in 5 months! 

I am now on blood thinners, I am Ok but they aren’t without side effects! I wish I had been diagnosed sooner though I wouldn’t have had so many clots if they had recognised the symptoms at the beginning and it is very painful when the clots disperse.

• Posted

I have been offered many many antidepressants. I never took them, because I didn’t feel depressed. 

I was prescribed Xanax, and I did take them when absolutely needed. They do help

With anxiety. 

Yes, I’m just like you. I had anxiety when I was younger, but this is total different.

I want to believe the them when they say I’m ok, but I just don’t feel ok. 

I made an appointment with my pulmonologist. I have to wait till August 17, so I’m praying I can get some answers. 

I really appreciate you taking time to reply. This is such a nice way to connect to people who are going through the same things you are. I hate waiting for doctors appointments, but that’s the soonest they had. 

• Posted

Over 2 years ago I’ve experienced my symptoms etc, I have a history of anxiety, but I new this was different. For years I said to the doc I am not depressed and I’m not taking the crap medication you give me. He said that I was in denial. After a year and a half I was convinced by the doctor I was a mental case 🤣, he made me think I was depressed really bad. Wow I couldn’t wait to get to the office to let him know that I am sugar intolerance... you missed that one out didn’t you!!! He was speechless but still didn’t say anything,cause he new he was wrong.  So keep on your own self investigation, because only ya know if this is right or wrong :-)

• Posted

Well good luck and keep me posted as to what happens, I hope it is something easily treated that isn’t too serious. 
  • Posted

Hi Christina 

I use to suffer the same until I gave up any type of sugar... 

look up sugar and heart arrhythmia. Try a low carb zero sugar diet and see if that helps. :-) 

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying. I did try cutting out a lot of sugar, but not completely. 

I’ll try anything at this point. Thank you!! 

• Posted

If you have had all the tests for heart arrhythmia etc and everything ok, then it’s not your heart.. it’s something outside your life that you may be putting into your body that is causing it. Trust me if you had a heart problem they would know straight away. Anxiety plays a big roll in heart arrhythmia. Alcohol and sometimes certain types of food like chocolate, or sugar of course.  Also try magnesium that is good for types of arrhythmias. Drink plenty of water and try some calming yoga couple times a day. Have good thoughts and just to let you know again that you would know if you had a heart problem as you would be diagnosed by now with something. Best of luck and let us know how you go :-) 
    • Posted

I will definitely try yoga. Thank you again for your reassuring comments. 

I will keep you updated on how things go. 

Have a nice day smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.