Quercetin with Bromelain and Flower Pollen for BPH

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone had any success using this combination or other combinations of natural supplements ?   I'd appreciate and info on this

Robbie

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I read about this a couple of months ago and decided to try it.  I have urethal  stricture at the bladder neck area. It is too early to tell if it have had any effect because my Uro won’t look to see if my stricture is getting better for a while because of several things we are doing now.  Also I decided to see a  Nathropath to see if he can help me.  I asked him about these pills and he said it wouldn’t hurt to continue taking it. I took his comment as yes it’s good for prostate health. 
    • Posted

hello Yoshiro ...i have just stated on it so don't have any info to report.  letme know if you have ANY success.

thank you

• Posted

Robbiekw, I was on Quercetin and Bromelain for over a year recently, along with Pumpkin Seed Oil and Saw Palmetto. I'm pretty sure they helped ease my prostatitis symptoms and I enjoyed weeks and a 3 month period with no pain at all. I know you have BPH, but the conditions both involve inflammation/enlargement. Many people take these herbal remedies and seem to benefit. Even my open-minded uro acknowledged trials had shown that definitely Saw Palmetto helps with prostate issues, and he also knew of trials that showed Quercetin can help reduce inflammation. If you go down this route, be careful to buy a good quality brand. I chose Swanson, but there are many others. So far as flower pollen is concerned, I took Prostabrit (a standardised extract derived from rye grass plants grown in Southern Sweden) for a long time when i had prostatitis 20 years ago. Can't say for sure it helped, but it may do for BPH. It's worth a try. Amazon is pretty good for finding product reviews, and Internet searches contain lots of info about the above - though I'm clearly stating the obvious!  Good luck!

• Posted

hello Nick and thanks for your help. I don't have any pain ...i'm trying to find a way to reduce my trips to the bathroom .. i have to pee almost every 2 hours ... that's at least 3 times a night so i never get a good night's sleep.

• Posted

I read a notification  about a month+ back from some one exactly about the same products. As I could understand, these are herbal products. The Gentleman claimed a good study on it and benefited also. I wonder if he see your notification and give his latest views about these products.
    • Posted

hello, not sure if he saw it either .. thanks for your reply.  I'm still searching for a solution. sadly !!

Robbie

• Posted

Robbiekw, I was on Quercetin and Bromelain for over a year recently, along with Pumpkin Seed Oil and Saw Palmetto. I'm pretty sure they helped ease my prostatitis symptoms and I enjoyed weeks and a 3 month period with no pain at all. I know you have BPH, but the conditions both involve inflammation/enlargement. Many people take these herbal remedies and seem to benefit. Even my open-minded uro acknowledged trials had shown that definitely Saw Palmetto helps with prostate issues, and he also knew of trials that showed Quercetin can help reduce inflammation. If you go down this route, be careful to buy a good quality brand. So far as flower pollen is concerned, I took Prostabrit (a standardised extract derived from rye grass plants grown in Southern Sweden) for a long time when i had prostatitis 20 years ago. Can't say for sure it helped, but it may do for BPH. It's worth a try. The big online retailer beginning with A is pretty good for finding product reviews, and Internet searches contain lots of info about the above - though I'm clearly stating the obvious!  Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Nick, I tried the Quer / Brom ...for over 30 days with absolutely 0 results. I've tried saw palmetto in the past with the same results ..0  I recently heard about a procedure called PAE .. it's done by Interventional Radiologists...i'm looking into it for more info.  

Robbie

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Robbie. The frustrating thing about prostatitis - as we all know - is that what helps one man doesn't always help others. The good thing is that there's so many things out there to try that most men eventually find some relief somewhere.

Good luck with the PAE you're looking into. 

• Posted

Hi Robbie,

I've had BPH for over 10 years. Am on a whole foods, plant-based vegan diet, which has helped. Have also tried any number of supplements, including the ones you mentioned. The only thing that seems to have helped at all is saw palmetto and pygeum, but more in the way of keeping my psa in check than actually improving urination. I have also used Rapaflo, which improved urination but caused unacceptable side-effects like retro-ejaculation. Currently doing CIC (self-catheterization) about 5X per day and considering the FLA laser procedure. 

• Posted

hello Light1, thanks for your reply ..how much did Rapaflo improve your urination?  Does the retro-ejaculation effect your sex life ?  i've tried a few different natural supplements,including saw palmetto ... noting has helped so far.

Robbie

• Posted

Hello Robbie,

Rapaflo allowed me to urinate enough that I only had to catheterize once or twice per day as opposed to 5X per day now that I'm off it. It did cause retro, meaning dry ejaculations, significantly altering the pleasure of sex.  A little-known but serious side-effect of Rapaflo, Flomax, Tamsulosin, and other alpha blockers is something called 'floppy iris syndrome". This is a result of the medication affecting the muscles in the eye. It becomes a problem when an individual goes for cataract surgery. You must tell the eye surgeon that you have been on alpha blockers and they will modify the procedure, otherwise the iris may not stay dilated and away from the powerful vacuum they use to extract the cataract. They need to use a special retainer. In a certain number of cases, the retainer itself can damage the eye, causing a misshapen pupil, which is permanent. This effect of these drugs does not end after discontinuing use; it is permanent, and it can occur after only one, or just a few doses. A lot of doctors who prescribe these meds aren't even aware of this. Nobody told me about it before they gave me the drug. So something to be aware of! Good luck.

• Posted

Hello .. I've bought a product with Quer. & Brom. on-line thru the Vitamin Shoppe. I've been taking 2 tabs per day for about 30 days now....with NO change in frequency of urination...sad to report. My Uro. gave me a script for Rapaflo but i wanted to try the natural product first .. The price of Rapaflo at CVS is Florida is $229. for a 30 day supply ...yikes !!  any ideas are gladly appreciated

Robbie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.