Question???

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I'm back again with my many questions. I noticed that upon waking at night or even if I try to nap, as soon as I fall asleep I start dreaming, I'm then jolted out of my sleep and can feel my body shaking. I cam literally feel my bed moving.

Has anyone expierenced this? I would sometimes have the internal tremors and jitters but this is something new.

2 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

The more I read about people's symptoms on here the more I want to learn. I have just read about people being jolted out of there sleep. I to have experienced this and did not relate it to menopause but it is scary and unpleasant. Just to say i have started taking Menopace and I am noticing a drop in my hot flushes and energy is up a little, Maybe worth a try ? 
    • Posted

Dr. Elizabeth Vliet wrote a book on this stuff. She is the one who says if your estrogen is low, it causes adrenaline issues. Im going to read her books soon. 
    • Posted

very interesting, why didnt we all think of doing that.................were so slow arent we, shall we blame that on the menopause then??.............haha
    • Posted

ps........trouble is snowbell, were so lethargic, we cant be bothered to go out and buy it................hahahahaha thats naughty isnt it.
    • Posted

we sound like couch potatoes dont we...........ha

Actually i did read something somewhere recently, on our many researching into menopause, that, for the majority of women, menopausal symptoms happen gradually and slowly, ensuring, symptoms are mild or, subtle,  but then sometimes, due to a sharp and very sudden fluctuations and falls, this makes symptoms very severe, now that, throughout my whole menstural life, and the menopause has been me, my cycle symptoms, long, long, before menopause and during, have been gradual and mild with the occasional extremely bad times with my symptoms, but, for some women, it stated, IF, their menopausal symptoms are extremely severe, it is more down to the sudden, and sharp fluctuations, and drops, that in part create their symptoms to be severe, as the suddeness of the way it happens, causes a shock to the system...........now that makes a lot of sense to me!! dont you just wish you were a man??

But to be honest sometimes, dont you feel you have read so, so, much, it all becomes a blurr??................ its a headache isnt it............or, is that my hormones suddenly dropping............haha

• Posted

It's a headache. I can say though that everytime I research hormones, I learn something new. I never thought hormones could make anyone feel this way.
    • Posted

no i agree jamie, ididnt think it possible for hormones to do all this, and yet some women sail through it, were just unlucky i guess. 
  • Posted

there could be two reasons that i know of, one is fatiue, as fatigue knocks your body clock and sleeping patterns out, so it causes strange neurological symptoms, and weird dreams is one of them, along with waking alot, shaking is a symptom as well, but you would have very severe fatigue if you were to have the shaking so you would know what was causing it, another sign of over nervousness and trembling is too much ephinephrine in the system, which of course can be caused by peri, but if you become fatigued you will over produce this chemical as well.
    • Posted

Thank Elaine,

It's really nerving. This happened to me when the hard symptoms first hit. Then it went away. Starting up again. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the anxious and nervousness creeping back in now that I'm ovulating. It's always something.

• Posted

Yes that could be it jamie, i tell you what i read recently, that, the majority of ladies on the menopause, go through their symptoms in a very gradual way, and when this happens there symptoms are not as severe, and i feel this has been me the majority of the time, but that there have been times when they have hit extremely hard, and if i remember rightly,  what it said about this, is,  that there are other ladies that, when their symptoms hit hard, or, are hard all the time, this is because their fluctuations, and drops in hormones come on all at once all of a sudden, so, your symptoms show to be more severe as a result, and this is why sometimes are symptoms are mild, and sometimes not!! but think back, because i think this is how it use to be during my regular cycles, sometimes symptoms would be mild, sometimes severe, so makes sense to me.............what do you think jamie??
    • Posted

That makes a lot of sense. I was still having regular cycles, they were every 23 days and lasting about 7 to 8 days. The symptoms just hit all at once. Something was wrong literally everyday for three months. The last two months my cycles have gone to 27 days and last about 4 days. The symptoms are still there but not like they were. I still have hard days but it's around ovulation and rite before and during the cycle. Then the week in between its very subtle to none. So what you read sounds like it has a lot of truth to it. Being as though I will be 39 in a few months, now it has me wondering just how many years I have to go through it. But it's unpredictable so I guess I just have to go with it.
    • Posted

time will tell jamie............lets hope its not too long for everyone.
  • Posted

Hi Jamie,

I had dreaming too soon after going to sleep also dreams were much more colourful. I think because you are dreaming so soon after sleep maybe the thing that is supposed to kind of paralyse you during sleep has not had a chance to kick in and you are kind of acting out your dream.

• Posted

yes i think so zigangie its all to do with sleeping patterns and fatigue during meno, it causes all these neuro symptoms.
    • Posted

Didn't think of that. That could very well be what's happening. I start to dream soon as I doze off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.