Question about Fibromyalgia and NHS

Posted , 9 users are following.

I asked my doctor for painkillers for my Fybro and he wouldn't give me any.. He also has not suggested any help like pain management etc..

If Fybro is seen as a disbility in the UK what help am I entitled to??

Am I entitled to pain management ??

Am I entitled to get help from an Occupational Therapist to make improvements on my home?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

A dr. that won't give you reasons as to why he won't give you medication for pain is a dr. I would get rid of and find another one who listens and gives you all the ways to cope with this disease, including who to see about government help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.