Questions for Dr Eastham Sloan Kettering Consult

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi   Thank You for all the wonderful comments helps me sort things out !

I have an appointment with Dr Eastham  At Sloan Kettering this Monday   I am told his robotic assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy takes 4 Hours which is 2x the time my local Urologist said the same operation would take so I am hoping he is more thorough !! Wondering what other questions are important to ask ? I  know he is Dept Chair so He does 4 operations a week . 2 Tuesdays 2 Thursdays  Not sure if this surgeon is the right one for me Some Dept Heads are there for a reason better at Politics  than surgery    Any input is welcome .  Thank You .  Keith

I am 59 excellent physical shape  my PSA . 4.6 . My Father had prostate cancer at 70  and had his prostrate removed and lived for many years after

I had  12 biopsies done  on 6/5/18 . 8 out of 12 showed cancer involvement . Gleason 7

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a my Prostectomy on August 16th with Dr Eastham . at Sloan Kettering Josie Cancer Center Absolutely Class A-1 Hospital and Staff

13 lymph nodes all clear

My PSA is now Undetectable

Yes Urinary Incontinence but getting much better

Under the care of Dr Mullhall for treating Sexual Function or lack of

Taking 20 mg sildenafil daily with challenge dose once a week 100 mg

Also injecting Trimix 2-3 times a week

Getting erections with Trimix injections

Sildenafil challenge dose starting to work as well

Very Happy with Dr Eastham and Dr Mullhall and Sloan Kettering

My Biopsy of the prostrate ended up with . Gleason score of 3+4+7going in to Surgery it was 4+3=7

Thank You all for support and happy to pay forward with any questions you might have

Best . Keith

• Posted

Very glad to hear you did what I did in my case: surgery as the first line of treatment. Granted I had a G9.

Your choice of MSKCC can't be beaten.

I assume you will now monitor the PSA 3 mthly.

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.