Quetiapine

Posted , 10 users are following.

As I am on strong antibiotics for Lyme disease,I already posted I can't drink my usual half bottle vodka every night,day10 and no alcohol,just wanted to report my doc prescribed Quetiapine to sleep and it actually works,I can do this,as long as I can sleep,I can fight the booze!

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Nice Improvement Angela!

It's so hard to improve any disease through medicines without any efforts, so, you have done this very easily. But I have to say that antibiotics are very beneficial for all illness.

• Posted

Antibiotics are only good for bacterial infections, not other illnesses such as viral infections.
  • Posted

So happy for you!!! Keep it up! ☺☺☺
    • Posted

Well done angela.  I like the fact you have non alcoholic wine just to be able to sip something.  Half the time I think we drink out of habit. 

I can't sleep without alcohol and I am still having one glass of wine each night (instead of a bottle or two.)  My doc prescribed me Zopiclone but the instructions say to not even have one glass of wine which is a bummer for me.  So I maybe without alcohol in my system each day but I also have no sleep.  I get about 3 hours a night - Zombie by day, Zombie by night.

Your tablets have sorted you out really well.  You are on your way now and obviously are not dependent on alcohol, as you have done so well.

Speedy and full recovery wishes to you....................G.

• Posted

Thank you Gwen for kind words,I know it sounds good,I have 2 days of antibiotics and hopefully Lyme disease gone,BUT I long for a glass of vodka pepmax and ice,feel even just the one,like you,then nonalcoholic wine,but like you,it's very specific I can't drink alcohol with Quetiapine and am going to be same as you,just one,maybe 2 vodkas,can't take Quetiapine and won't sleep,you are doing really well,Gwen,and coping with lack of sleep,I hope I can be as good as you,would be so easy to slip back into old ways and kno I,ll sleep drunken sleep,but sleep all the same,that's what we want,both of us,and many others like us,there must be an answer,the Sinclair method is another method,but still may not help sleep,and though I have a doctor here in West of Scotland who may actually prescribe the drugs for Sinclair method,he will think same as you,I can do this on my own.I am bored at night,TV not entertaining me like it used to,so the answer is find something to take my mind of vodka,but What? I am on my own,and no intention of trying internet dating again.Phew- pouring my heart out here,Gwen.x

• Posted

Pour away hun - yes understanding the bored at night.  Internet dating - now that's a different thread altogether lol.  Lack of sleep is a mahoosive problem for me, always has been.  The alcohol would give me 5 or 6 hours sleep so I am really feeling it.  The nights are soooo long when you are awake, and it does not help when your hubs snores quite contentedy until I give him a nudge and say will you shurrrrrrup lol.

Nearly there for the Lymes to be knocked on the head smile

Being on your own does not help the alcohol issue does it?  I know that is when I was worse - when my hubby goes out.  I had my own little party, just me and the dog.

Sending hugs over.........................G x

• Posted

hi Angela. What a hard word tp spell. i.e. your new medicine. Sounds tricky but also good that you drink less and I wish you all the best. Robin
    • Posted

Thank you Robin,not had vodka for fortnight,antibiotics end today but will try not to buy vodka,last 2 days not wanted to get up,and finally got up 11ish,maybe should phone doc to lower dose,am on holiday so no hurry to get up,but nothing comes easy,there are always problems or/side effects.
    • Posted

No nothing does come easy hunni - you are dealing with bit of a bitch situation here - you have done really well.  Keep strong and keep talking to us................G.

Always around for a chat x

• Posted

Thank you Gwen,just replied to your response to Jennie,so you know how grateful I am for your support.x
    • Posted

Hi Robin yes ok thanks bored at night but still no vodka,first day not on antibiotics.How was your day,its12.30am now and took Quetiapine and going to bed,hope message doesn't wake you.x

• Posted

my day fine and 31st Dec 4 yrs no booze...all is well and I have twin girls just aged 6 and wife plus sister who all care for me...even survived a very very serious car crash years ago...at 90miles pe hour drove into steel central barrier on motorway in France, into ditch, overturned 180 degrees...slided 100feet or 33metres on roof...2 broke ribs that is all
    • Posted

Wow Robin, you don't do things by half do you - what a crash, think your Guardian Angel was defo around that day...........G

• Posted

Wow Robin,congrats.on twins,and glad you have lovely family,that was some crash,you were very lucky,and being of the booze for over 4 years is something you should be very proud of,very very very proud.😌??X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.