RA and Herpes (HSV 2)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys

I'm together with this girl and she has genital herpes. To speed things up, would it be bad if I end up getting that virus from her? I mean in combination with my current RA. It's not that I want it but there is the possibilty of getting it. If so I will need to dump her because I'm quite happy with my life right now when you look at the RA side.. no pain etc. Wouldn't want to risk that one.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

CR7. I've also said you need to get some professional advice. Things are probably not as bad as you think. Make an appointment at either the Sexual Health Clinic or with your GP. You have the added diagnosis of RA so these people will give you good advice. Why be thoroughly miserable when things are probably not as bad as you think? You've split up with a woman you love so you're going to think the worst. Get help and let us know how you get on.
    • Posted

I was informed very well informed

by my Rheuma Doc. And I know about the Stats of 1 or 2 Percent getting infected.. or like thats the risk of getting it.

• Posted

1-2% is a small number. Your future is in your hands. Go to a special clinic like we've advised and get independent medical advice.
    • Posted

But it still exists.. I could get it from another woman yes.. but than I would consider myself unlucky but in this case I know that I am at a risk.
  • Posted

Okay I got together with the girl again. Thank god she took me back. I had a talk with my parents and it turned out that one of my parents have it too! I was like shocked because that herles was soonfar away before now even one of them had it and they were both so laidback about it. this conversation turned my point of view for 180 degrees. It definitely took a lot of my fears away. Thes where like it's so not bad. All you have to do is have no sex during an outbreak and you'll be fine.
    • Posted

Thank goodness. Now just get on with your life and be happy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.