Racing heart and wierd

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past 2 weeks I've been having constant racing heart accompanied by a fuzzy sensation in my chest. It happens randomly but mostly at night and it can keep me up for hours... I've noticed it can happen after eating bigger meals mostly that have lots of carbs.. But I do notice I eat fast and I'm probably not chewing properly and it's gas.. I've had this problem off and on but it's come back and it lasts longer. I know it's fear and anxiety and over worrying but it sucks when I'm trying to relax and the pounding heart just makes you more anxious and it can last for hours.

Anyone ever have this problem and have any good ways of managing it? Any supplements? I've heard potassium is a great supplement for anxiety and heart rate. I know exercise is the best but it just makes me super anxious.. I stopped meditation for awhile as my anxiety improved slightly but I guess I'll have to get back on it. The only thing that has helped is magnesium as it has taken away the painfull palpitations and chest pain. Also lavender helps.

I've seen 4 doctors and they did a MRI/EKG and checked my thyroids and blood panel.. Everything is fine they blame anxiety and stress. I refused the medication (Paroxetine) as I was allergic and it made me sick for a week. And no one will give me Xanax. I would appreciate any tips / advice.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

controlled breathing helps me a lot. My pulse used to be 65ish all the time. When the anxiety came into my life it was up around 90-95. Today, I am pleased to see it at 68, When it jumps, if it is a normal jump (car almost hit me on freeway) and goes back down in awhile because adrenaline is acting appropriately, nothing to fret about. Normal reaction to stress.

If I am calm, and anxiety hits and pulse races for no reason because adrenaline is not receding as it should, controlled breathing, helps.

• Posted

If it's anxiety and meds make you feel better, then why would you want to stop taking them. If you were feeling better but not best, then go back to your doc and tell he or she that you are still having issues.Anxiety is a nasty thing. All different kinds of aches and pains. If you are having side effects from a med, there are many others. Don't suffer, call your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.