Racing Heart Beat on Day 13

Posted , 6 users are following.

I just had a racing heart beat out of nowhere. I am on day 13 of Prozac after a break of a year (was on it for almost 20 years). Has anybody else had this? I started to panic so took 4mg of diazepam which has calmed me down slightly.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ya totally get it. Was on Prozac and doxepin for 6 years. Took a 6 month break and back on it. It gives me rapid heart beat at random times. Sometimes I know why and other times it’s out of nowhere. I think I have to ask my doctor to go back to my original combination. There’s a reason it worked I guess. But I’m here to talk. Cuz I’m right there with ya .
    • Posted

Hello Tina,

Why did you take a break? I took a break without telling anybody. Regretting at leisure wink Day 14 tomorrow and looking forward to breaking the back of this Prozac initiation gremlin.

We're all in this together smile

• Posted

I was on Prozac and doxepin for 6 years and the combo cashes me to gain 50lbs. And after 6 years I was like most people “I think I don’t need it anymore” or maybe I need a change. So doctor put me on Wellbutrin -I didn’t like welburtin so I stopped talking cold turkey like an idiot and things in my life stressed me out big time and sent me into a bad anxiety ridden episode so then I decided to back on Prozac. 😕. So we’ll see. I know it takes a long time for it to kick in. The first time I ever started Prozac it took 6-8 weeks. So know that it’s normal. 

• Posted

What day are you on Tina? I sure hope it doesn't take 8 weeks. I have stuff going on too and don't feel strong enough to address it until I am back to being me. 8 weeks takes me in to February sad

Yeah I thought I didn't need it anymore. Was on 40mg and just stopped. Lesson learnt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.