Racing mind, uncontrollable bizarre or gloomy thoughts

Posted , 19 users are following.

Does any one else suffer with extremely fast uncontrollable thoughts rushing into your head, and mostly all negative, dark or weird, scary or worrying about future, or health, been alone. Etc. Don't think there's a thought I havnt thought lol but when it happens it's like something else is talking over your mind and it's really terrifying.

It's comes with like I can only discribe it as sensory overload. Everything starts to look weird or different, or light and sound seems exaggerated, and like objects are jumping out at you that normally you wouldn't even notice. Also I notice it's like I'm super aware of my own body to, any sensation in my body, I'm so aware of, drives me mad, and makes me more anxious and scared.

Wondering if anyone out there gets it also..?

Is this another delight of perimenopause??

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Rachael, The racing thoughts would happen a lot when I could not sleep. I never could just lay there and think of nothing. Never about harming myself or others..but my health and why me? What ifs, etc. Especially when I thought I was dying constant thoughts about my kids, husband, etc. Our minds are constantly producing thoughts...whether or not they make any sense...hence our random dreams! I still notice every little twinge my body makes...just do not race off to the ER anymore! I sleep better these days. I read a lot too before bed.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, sorry to hear about your struggles to... This site seems really good so far, everyone is so supportive and kind.

It's so nice just to hear other women have or have gone through same symptoms and come out the other side. Or knowing alot of it is down to hormones. It makes you feel like your a little normal still and not totally crazy lol 😂😂

• Posted

unfortunately, yes. very disturbing but doesn't happen often, thank goodness!

• Posted

Yes everymorning I wake up straight away, lots of music songs, as well over and over, also weird dreams, I am now trying Citalopram

• Posted

Hi Susan, do you take citalopram during the day or at bedtime? I have been taking it at bedtime but it's keeping me awake😭

• Posted

Yes i do, on top of my insomnia😞 I take 20 mg. Can you function well taking it during the day, I mean can you drive and perform at work well, or does it make you clumsy or get a foggy brain. I used to take it years ago during the night and it did not interfered with my sleep, but now that I am perimenopause, it is not working out for me taking it at night. I will try taking it during the day.. thank you for your reply. Hugs❤

• Posted

this one comment made me feel i am not alone.

lots of music ringing in my mind all day everyday and I feel I am loosing it.

did it get better for you? I am 42 and hit peri at 40.

I am so tired so becoming a person I don't recognize. I am in Canada and my GP gave me celexa .. citalopram but it's not working. I know the post is 4 year ago but I would.love a reassuring reply.

• Posted

Yes yes and yes. I am experiencing ALL of what you said except for things jumping out at me. And this is all day it doesnt stop. I Just joined this patient platform this week and have been on it obsessively asking ppl the same things. Also my sense of smell is so off the charts it makes me feel even more sick. My already messed up digestive system feels like its completely shutting down even worse and everything is rotting in me. Horrific taste and breath and tingly burning tongue with a coating. The slightest thing sounds so loud and goes right thru me. Oversensitized tingly feeling and i feel like everything is so tight.

Feel like a person on drugs who doesnt want to be- Like im so over loaded with toxins and my liver cant handle it and im being poisoned. Yet i go to dr and everything comes back fine. Ill be 48 In march I have no idea if this is peri meno or not because i literally feel like im dying.

And very vivid weird dreams EVERY night do you have that?

I pray to die a lot.

• Posted

Susan, do not pray to die. This will pass and you have a lot of living to do. Day by day I get a little better. 🤗❤❤

• Posted

Yes I do, very weird , every load sound makes me tingly and jump, I have gone of my appertight as well, as I get bad indejestion which I have been to doctors about ,been going on for years,had full blood count , back normal, I am menopausel though , I had a sort of mini break down April never got better since, tryed 2 different antidepressants, I now take one day at a time, I also get temple pains ,pins and needles feelings lips and face, I was wondering if this could be to do with migraine as I have read a couple of story's on site,s, carry one with citalopram at the moment, which I have been on before, also feel very tired all the time so easy, love staying in bed for a couple of hours on my I pad during the day , my calm place, x

• Posted

Thank you Juanita reading what everyone else here is experiencing makes me realize that even tho its a very lonely feeling im not alone. We can only take it day by day. Hugs and prayers for everyone here ❤❤❤ xoxo

• Posted

Hi really sad and worry about your comment on praying to die!! Please you must not think like this, we all have are struggles and have periods of hitting rock bottom. But you will get through it, it's places like this that come as a god send I believe, as there a source of support and help, even a life line, when we most need it... So please don't feel alone, or pray such an awful thing. Pray for help, pray for strength, pray for support anything positive... You will find been positive or praying for positive outcomes will help your mind set to... I know how hard it is to be positive when your consumed with dark, weird feelings and thoughts. But the more you take your mind off things, doing a hobby, doing exercise, anything to occupy your mind will help. And try to surround yourself with your family and friends. Talk to your doctor and seek counselling or a support group.

But please PLEASE DON'T FEEL ALONE... YOU WILL BE OK!!!

Sending you healing hugs xx

• Posted

Have all but the things jumping out at me. It's all menopause! Stay involved with friends ans family and your hobbies. Stay hydrated, eat healthy and get plenty of sleep. Exercise if you can or at least walk every day. It will get better! Stay connected to this forum as you will see you are not alone. Hang on tight, girl!

• Posted

Thank you for your message and support. 😊🙏 Really means alot at the moment. Who would of thought perimenopause could cause so much pain and suffering.

Big hugs xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.