Raised bump on side of Urethra (Meatus)

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've had this raised bump on the side of my meatus for around 2 months now. I first noticed it a couple days after unprotected sex. It stings a little when having sex or masterbation and becomes slightly swollen/inflamed. I went to my GP and I had urine tests done which came back negative, my GP also inspected it and said that it was nothing to be concerned about. I don't want to have to deal with this forever and I'm not convinced that it is nothing to worry about since it is stinging when I use it. I've seen some similar cases on here but not many answers, I am reluctant to go back to my GP after he told me it was nothing, can anyone shine any light on this for me?

Cheers,

Lewis

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi lewis,

It's difficult to know what it is from your description. I'm assuming the 'urine tests' were to check for gonorrhoea and chlamydia? Did the GP also take a swab of the lump to look for herpes? And did they check for HIV and syphilis? It's probably worth your while to visit a GU medicine/sexual health clinic to get these tests done.

Adhari

• Posted

Hi Adhari,

The urine tests were to check for a UTI, my GP was confident that there was no need to check for anything else. I've also had a long term partner spanning years which is why we assumed it might be a UTI first.

Lewis

• Edited

I might suggest being methodical and getting screened first before assuming that it's not an STD; once you've cleared that hurdle then other non-infective possibilities come into play. Gonorrhoea and chlamydia typically cause penile discharge and stinging, while herpes causes stinging and genital ulceration. Taking a swab from that area for HSV should help to rule the latter out.

Non-infective causes include a focal problem like meatal trauma, a small meatal cyst or a genital presentation of a skin condition such as eczema, psoriasis or seborrhoeic dermatitis. Do you suffer from any of these conditions?

It would be helpful if you could take a close up of the meatus (1-2" away) under better lighting.

Adhari

• Posted

Hi Lewis,

I have the exact same thing and my penis looks exactly the same. I got it a couple of days after unprotected oral sex from a prostitute. Tested negative on all stds and my urine was clear. Took 8 days of doxycycline 2x a day and a single dose of azithromycine. Nothing worked.

The only thing I havent tested is herpes so I am almost convinced it has to be herpes.

I suggest you get yourself tested and update us with your results

• Posted

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

I have since been diagnosed with Balanitis by my GP and I am about 1 week through a 2 week prescription using potent steroid cream (Dermovate Cream). I still think my GP is incorrect as it isn't doing anything for me, I plan to see out the medication for the final week and then return to the doctors with the results. I will try to get some more tests done for sure if that is the case. Please update us with your test results for herpes etc.

Cheers

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

I can totally relate to that, I used a cream like that before and it did not work for me.

My doctor says he wont test me for herpes because I have no blisters/sores/lasions etc.

Very annoying. I am trying to see another doctor because every test was negative and herpes is the only thing left I havent tested for.

I will update you I hope you will do the same!

Robert

• Posted

a doctor wont test unless u have visible sores or blisters u will be lucky to find one that will test u because those are the symptoms of herpes unless u have them then u dont have herpes

• Posted

I have read on different sites that herpes reacts differently to a person. So some people have no symptoms at all thats what I've heard. Is that true?

• Posted

yes this is true but if tested by blood test when u havnt had an initial outbreak it will result in a low positive or negative result which is why doctors dont test unless an outbreak has occured

• Posted

Hi again,

I used the cream for a full month after no results from 2 weeks. Absolutely no change at all. It is starting to really drive me mad, how can nobody know what it is? My only plan is to just keep phoning the GP and telling them 'Yeah that didn't work'.

I'll keep this updated until something changes.

Good luck,

Lewis

• Posted

try a clotrimazole "thrush" cream. does the trick, also wouldn't hurt to take one dose of flucanazole.

• Posted

Hi Jason,

What makes you think that this will do the job? After using Dermovate cream for a month I am a little bit concerned cream wont fix whatever this bump is. If you know different I'm all ears!

Cheers,

Lewis

• Posted

Hey Guest and robert97194

I have the same thing as you guys and for myself, my story is also that is showed up after receiving unprotected oral sex from a hooker.

I am seeing Doctor tomorrow and will provide update on my experience; however, I'd like to know if anything has changed in your improvement or diagnoses?

Thank you,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.