ramipril and bisoprolol

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi all, glad i found this forum, i was put on ramipril 1.25 nearly 2 months ago, now upto 5, my bp is so eratic, i have now been given bisoprolol 2.5, am i right in thinking i take biso in the morning and ramipril evening, the only side effect so far with ramipril has been aching joints, i suffer with lack of sleep and anxiety, thanks in advance

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello again, just a quick update. i was supposed to see a therapist yesterday, so 2 days spent with increased anxiety only to get a call when i was about to set off, that thay had to cancel because she was poorly. anyway another app made for today and ten mins later rung me back to cancel again, that one had gone(computer not updating or summat) anyway app now on the 29th of this month (unless they cancel that one as well.....bp at last visit was 156/90 which compared to 200/100 i was happy about. i'm of work until the end of january and really need to be sorted by then so fingers crossed, merry christmas to u all x
  • Posted

I have been taking 5mg Ramipril for about 5 years, and find that I get constant pains in my legs. I did not know that Ramipril could effect you in this way. I also take Simvastatin which I have now learned that it can also cause joint pains. I have been taking Simvastatin since I had my new heart valve fitted about 20 years ago. How come the doctors do not let you know this can happen.
    • Posted

Orthopaedic consultant told me that all drugs can cause joint pain.

I was on Statins and Warfarin after my Aortic tissue Valve replacement in 2012 and had musclee and joint pains as a consequence.

I stopped statins and the muscle pains went. I later stopped Warfarin ans went back to aspirin and the joint pains went. 

• Posted

I started taking Ramipril and Bisoprolol and month ago for my heart failure. I am now in eplernone also. My heart rate is now a nice 59 ish but the BP is still a bit high. 

I do get a little dizzy sometimes but my body is adjusting now. 

Should I take the Ramipril at night?

• Posted

I used to take Ramipril at night because I couldn't take it at the same time as Pred.  I take Bisoprolol in the mornings

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.