Random mind pops

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone here experiences random mind pops? Sometimes I'd remember something so random, like a memory or a dream, usually it's vague. But lately I've been having a hard time with random images popping into my head, it usually comes at random, especially when I'm tired, I now literally hate closing my eyes thinking I'll see a random mental imagery, it's not gory or anything but it just bothers me like I think I'm just nuts. For example it throws me off sometimes when I'm talking, a random image would pop up, it doesn't cause me to stop talking or disrupt me in any way. It's pretty manageable but who wants to talk, especially about something serious, then all of a sudden a random image pops up. That's just weird and annoying. I don't know if it's always been here and normal and anxiety is just making me more aware of it, or it's an indication of something else. When I looked it up, of course the first thing that would pop up is a Schizophrenia forum *rolls eyes* and me who's a hypochondriac starts to think things again, sigh. Is this normal? Am I just constantly labeling everything as weird?

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i get this aswell. i can just be looking out the window thinking about what im going to do today and a scene from a dream i had years ago pops into my head. sometimes these pops gives me a wired feeling in my gut like butterfies or adrenaline. im not sure what causes this but i experience it quite regularly. sometimes it scares me. when i googled it seizure pages came up.
    • Posted

This is exactly what happens to me. I don't feel like I experienced panic the fist few times it happened, however, due to it being a disturbing feeling, I wonder if I've now associated that response to it. You experiencing anything new lately?

• Posted

I know this is an old post but wondered if you figured out what caused your random pop images and memories.

• Posted

nah your not going crazy. a few of us here have mind pops and de ja vu all the time. mine is normally things from the past. sometimes the possible future ( not everyone believes that one🤣.)

your anxiety makes you think its bad stuff going on upstairs. if you can remember your mind pop after it happens write it down and see if paturns emerge.

• Posted

i hope someone will reply to me... before one year i had the same thing mind pop random images that comes to my mind from my past and my anxiety would make things worse ... then i get used to it..... but this year last month something weird happen to me ( its was the same thing as mind pop of a random memory from my past but... when ever i see something it would pop in my mind like if i speak with my brother and he get out of the room his image would stuck in my mind and it happen when i see some objects its really annoying and its makes me feel like there is something wrong with me .. the image is in my mind ) ☹ really hope that someone will reply to me ....

• Posted

THOSE ARE VERY COMMON WITH ANXIETY! I GET THEM A LOT. WHAT REDUCES THEM FOR ME IS WORKING DAILY TO RELAX MY MIND

YOU AREN'T GOING CRAZY. THE MIND ID OVERACTIVE AND SHOOTS OUT RANDOM MEMORIES ETC

TRY SOME MEDITATIONS FOR CALMING THE MIND ON YOU TUBE.

PROPER BREATHING WITH THOUGHT CONTROL IS GREAT FOUND THERE TOO!

❤

• Posted

Are yous random memories, or are they dreams as well? Mine have been a mix, but the dreams are more distressing because they seem foreign. Most of the time they seem like dreams I had, but other times I catch myself questioning it. I appreciate the time you take to respond and offer reassurance.

• Edited

Hi everyone i know this post is old so im hoping someone will reply! I get these too, but mine are bad memories i dont want to think about really and they just come on eventhough i havent thought about them for years! I havent been diagnosed with anxiety properly but I definitely think i have it. When i think about these things my heart races and i get nervous stomach etc. Can anyone help its driving me mad! Thanks

• Posted

I know this is an old post but wondered if you figured out what caused your random pop images and memories. I get this often. Its like random stuff, sometimes scary that makes no sense.

• Posted

i hope someone will reply to me... before one year i had the same thing mind pop random images that comes to my mind from my past and my anxiety would make things worse ... then i get used to it..... but this year last month something weird happen to me ( its was the same thing as mind pop of a random memory from my past but... when ever i see something it would pop in my mind like if i speak with my brother and he get out of the room his image would stuck in my mind and it happen when i see some objects its really annoying and its makes me feel like there is something wrong with me .. the image is in my mind ) ☹ really hope that someone will reply to me ....

• Posted

I know this is an old post but wondered if you figured out what caused your random pop images and memories.

• Edited

hi, ive been dealing with general anxiety and the only thing ive notice is these random racing thoughts and these odd random imagery where they make no sense and scare me to death. they pop up like if they were all in my face screaming for attention or to send fear, makes me feel like im going crazy. can u relate to this, or am i a loss cause?

• Posted

I know this is an old post but wondered if you figured out what caused your random pop images and memories. I get this often. Its like random stuff, sometimes scary that makes no sense.

• Posted

hi i experience the exact same thing too even worse when im tired and feel sleepy (also diagnosed with GAD) ive been on meds for two months now and i know it gets better cos this is a relapse it just takes time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.