random questions for ladies that at a&p repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi lovely ladies

i have some more questions for you pleaseeee

as my surgery gets closer i am getting more nervous haha i like to know all scenerios lol

I work from home , my consultant says maybe after 3 weeks i can start working slowly if i feel up to it , im in no rush to return my boss knows its 6 weeks! just curious for those that home work how long did you need before returning?

probably silly questions but could you sit crossed legged? (on a bed ) or does sitting hurt ? like on sofa etc

before my surgery was booked we booked star wars tickets! and the movie is exactly 1 week after my surgery lol do you think sitting and watching would be ok? ive told other half have a backup person to take as i just dont know how i will be sad

i hate alll these unknowns lol!

thanks

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I only had anterior repair so sitting wasn't a problem at all. I wouldn't advise crossing legs at all due to the risk of DVT following surgery. I was a passenger in our car for 2.5hr drive to our holiday apartment on day 5 post-op and it wasn't a problem. I personally found the worst thing was bending down to pick something up off the floor!!! You might as well sit on a movie as surely at home you will be just sitting anyway. I'm not one to take to my bed, but some are that type. 
    • Posted

thanks!

i guess it is a case of i will have to wait and see how i feel! i dont want to assume anything lol everyone is differant i am hoping (praying) ill be ok and no pain as such lol but will see!

getting more and more nervous closer i get !! hate ittttt

• Posted

Hi mosnippy, , it's 8 weeks today since I had my A&P repair, and your quite right about us all being different, I've had my ups and downs felt very weepy about not being able to do the simple things u would normally just get up and do, but hopefully things are now on the up for me. I think I did a bit too much on Thursday and Friday, a supermarket trip and a dress shop trip (Well it was Black Friday) and have had lots of unpleasant pains underneath for the last couple of days But plan to rest a bit more for the next couple of days, the problem most people seem to come across is How much is too much and it seems to be a your body will tell you when you're done too much.

i take it one day at a time and I know I'm lucky that I don't have to return to work until 11th January so I plan to just keep going and doing a little bit more when I feel up to it, and rest when I don't.

• Posted

It would help if people posting said which repairs they've had or are scheduled for. As there of course is quite a difference between have just one of them done, compared to anterior and posterior, and some have had hysterectomy also. Plus some have perineum repairs also. Like an episiotomy for childbirth.
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm new to this site after having surgery 16 days ago. I had anterior and posterior repair using mesh plus perennial repair. I am finding it tough and have good days and bad days. I guess I just underestimated how major the surgery is and thought as I am fairly young (late 30s) and fit that I'd recover quickly.

The actual surgery and hospital bit was fine, everything went to plan. Pack and catheter out next day, surgeon pleased with results etc, it's the recovery bit that's hard especially when you've got kids and family. I am finding that it's so hard not to lift anything and am constantly in fear of it pro lapsing again.

It is painful/ uncomfortable too. I think I over did it yesterday as it hurts today.... Dragging or heavy feeling in my vagina. I suppose the hard part to grasp is how much is too much!!

It is so reassuring to find this page as finding any information about this procedure is difficult!

• Posted

Hello and welcome!! I was so relieved to find this site when I was almost 2 weeks post op. I'm now 7 weeks and doing just find, however still taking it easy and trying not to resume some of the old things I used to do. I can imagine it is more difficult to completely kick back and rest and be waited on with small children. But you must rest and stay off your feet as much as possible and do not lift anything heavier than a milk jug. Hope that there is someone that can help with the kiddos and housework for a bit. You must give your body time to recover, because yes we had major surgery and our bodies need to recover from the surgery.
    • Posted

Hi,

Gosh, it's so reassuring to know there's 'others' out there! You just feel on your own lol. I'm very lucky in that my husband and sister have been awesome and I really have all the help I could want... It's me that's the problem!!!

Could I ask, how were you feeling at my stage? I didn't expect it to be this uncomfortable still? I didn't expect to still be walking like my nan at this stage! And the ache in my bum to still be there?

• Posted

At that stage I was moving very slow!! No pep in my step at all!! I took it very slow and still am very cautious and protective of my recovery even now.

Glad you got help, we as women think we can and have to do everything! Lol

Don't though !! Rest!! Piddle around with no lifting or bending and pace yourself!! Rest!! Put feet up!! My doctor told me up to 12 weeks and I'm following orders!! I'm going out now , but I enjoy retreating back to my home base my safe haven and relax!! Take your time!! I'm so thankful I got this bladder prolapse fixed!! Be at peace!! This too shall pass!!

• Posted

You will be hearing from the other ladies really soon!!

Matron is our woman of wisdom and knowledge and she will answer some of your medical question as needed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.