Random spots of warm sensations on parts of body???

Posted , 55 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced warm sensations on a part of their legs or arms or anywhere else??? It's not warm to touch but an internal warm sensations that feels like you put a warm cup of coffee against a patch of skin for a sec amd then it goes away. Its not painful at all just annoying and it is really sending my health anxiety off

7 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Next
  • Edited

yup its quite common..for me its more cold patches..randomly..sometimes i get it on my chest,my back..and my hands and feet can easily chilly too..
    • Posted

I get cold patches too but I have been getting warm sensations on just patches of my legs mostly like the side of my knee or part of my shin, top or bottom of foot and it only lasts a few seconds and goes away. Its not warm to touch just internal. Is this what you get too?
    • Posted

yup..mine is usually on my upper body..like back and chest..it like under the skin..doesnt make a difference if you touch it
    • Posted

Is it just a spot on upper body like a spot on your arm chest or back and doesn't only last a few seconds or minutes go away and come back? It's really scaring mesad I notice EVERY sensation and sends me into a panic one thing after another.
    • Posted

dont worry me too..i guess we just got hyper sensitive super in tuned to every sensations of our body..its normal with anxiety sufferers..yup random spots and patches..sometimes it feels like electic shock too for me..
    • Posted

I don't understand how anxiety can cause all these sensations. Have you ever read symptoms and then got them a few days later? I didn't really believe that was possible but it has happened to me. I just want all these sensations to stop and have my life backsad
    • Posted

Me too i can read about a anxiety symptom or someone can telle about a illness or symptoms then I just take it on and start physically feeling the symptoms, ugh annoying, anxiety sucks 😩😩😩
    • Posted

I feel you man I also suffer from anxiety this calmed me down lol
    • Edited

Quite honestly I believe You ONLY joined in order to make fun,to laugh at people with genuine health concerns. The hot and cold patches for me,are caused by documented fibromyalgia. It's not a joke, it's nothing to laugh at. In fact it's a terrible thing to deal with.

So to anyone that has those hot and cold patches that comes and no matter the temperature where you are when they occur it's likely to be fibromyalgia.

• Posted

You answered my question Sarah. I to was looking for answers. My doctor never told me that this is a symptom of my fibromyalgia.
    • Posted

I'm so happy i came across this.Thought i was going insane thinking of the worst case scenarios for the burning/warm or cold sensations. It also happens at the side of my knees, legs, feet, arms. I will definitely be discussing this with my doc the next time because I've checked off majority of the other symptoms as well.

thank you soo much

• Posted

I also get this hot or warm spots on different parts of body, very recent it was just few minutes back.

In my case I get hot as well as wet or cool sensation. I get these sensations when I think of it or expect it. I often get those Hot sensations when I touch something hot from my hand and consciously I am expecting to get the hot sensation.

Researchers are searching on this phenomenon of thermal sensations on body, neurological, psychological and physiological reasons a recent research paper is published on this topic,if you want u can search for Neurophysiology of Skin Thermal Sensations.

• Posted

I am also suffering from this for 7 months. I have burning sensations randomly on my back, upper arms, and abdomen. I have seen a nuero, endocrinologist, vascularist, and hematologist and no one has an answer for me. I have been prescribed gabapentin but it does seem to be helping. The only relief is to hold ice packs on the effected area. I have also wondered if this could be an anxiety issue however I do not really suffer from extreme anxiety.

Has anyone found any more information about his syndrome??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.