Random spots of warm sensations on parts of body???

Posted , 55 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced warm sensations on a part of their legs or arms or anywhere else??? It's not warm to touch but an internal warm sensations that feels like you put a warm cup of coffee against a patch of skin for a sec amd then it goes away. Its not painful at all just annoying and it is really sending my health anxiety off

7 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

A lot of times when you have sensations like this it is nerve damage or a compressed nerve. It could be due to anxiety but it could also be something neurological like ms. I've had these issues for 4 years now and I now realize that a lot of it is neurological things that are going on in my body. The hot and the cold sensations are all neurological. Also, If you have hot sensations in your left chest that COULD have something to do with your heart. It is not something to ignore. I have had issues with the hot sensation in my chest and come to find out they were giving me to much heart medicine and it was causing my heart to beat too slowly. Also, I have had bilateral pulmonary embolisms and that can cause heat sensations because of reduced blood flow. I have been to the place where I was hypersensitive to my body and that can make things worse, so I would just let your doctor know you are concerned and that you would like to get these things looked at to give you piece of mind. I would write down your symptoms, and ask if they would look into it. I have dysautonomia, POTS, autoimmune disorder, and other health issues. So, getting checked out wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Posted

i get this on both sides of my face. sometimes tho mine feel warm to touch. my ears also burn and my right shoulder, top of arm and back! i also get a feeling on my back like tiny needles are pricking me really fast all over...thats usually only if im up and about doing stuff.

• Posted

yes on top of right kidney area.

Feels like i have a heating pad on it.

Lasts 10 seconds or so 4-5 times a day.

Just started a couple weeks ago.

Will ask a neuro guy first

• Posted

Ive had this sensation for years, until recently alway in my centre of my shoulder blades

It never overly concerned me as there was no pain associated with it Recently the warm area has spread to my leg area.Have been looking for answers as well , just because it seems odd

• Edited

Hello! Don't worry, as someone that also suffers from anxiety I wanted to tell you that it also happens to me sometimes and it's nothing to be worried about. I think it's because you are more sensitive to the sensations in your body when you have anxiety.

Anxiety can make you experience a lot of things that vary from person to person.

If you have other symptoms like shortness of breath, pains in the chest (it can happen even when not having a panic attack), pain in the back and arms, chills and cold hands, high blood pressure, fatigue or feeling tired it might be because of anxiety.

I though I would tell you just in case you were feeling anxious for any of these too. If you feel any of these symptoms you should check the doctor anyway but if they tell you not to worry then try not to.

Maybe you should try drinking chamomile or some other calming drink made of herbs (not normal tea bc it has a substance that is like caffeine that might worsen the situation). You can also meditating, there are some tutorials online and I found out that music also helps me when I'm feeling anxious so maybe you can try it too to see if it can make you feel a little better.

• Posted

Yes I have felt those warm sensations too but in my case it is transfer of heat sensation through my nerves For Ex- If I touch hot water from hand I sometimes feel hot in certain part of leg too. I feel it is just interconnection of neurons.

• Edited

I also get this hot or warm spots on random spots on different parts of body, very recent was few minutes back.

In my case I get hot as well as wet or cool sensation. I get these sensations when I think of it or expect it. I often get those Hot sensations when I touch something hot from my hand and consciously I am expecting to get the hot sensation.

Researchers are searching on this phenomenon of thermal sensations on body, neurological, psychological physiological reasons a recent research paper is published on this topic,if you want u can search for Neurophysiology of Skin Thermal Sensations.

• Posted

Hello. Its been a few weeks since I noticed the random hot spots. I get them on every part of my body but mostly on my hands and arms. I have Degenitive Spinal Stenosis and its getting worse. I'm wondering if possible thats related to that?? I have an upcoming Doctor appointment.....thats one my questions I have for her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.