Random spots of warm sensations on parts of body???

Posted , 55 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced warm sensations on a part of their legs or arms or anywhere else??? It's not warm to touch but an internal warm sensations that feels like you put a warm cup of coffee against a patch of skin for a sec amd then it goes away. Its not painful at all just annoying and it is really sending my health anxiety off

7 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I am having this same issue! I have experienced it maybe 2-3 times on my lower back but typically it happens in my left arm, either  in my shoulder or my left hand. A few days it was also accompanied by tingling down my arm and in my face. My PCP made me go to the ER....who then referred me to a neurologist. Neurologist ordered a 3 day EEG and some MRIs. I get all of the results back in 2 weeks and can update.

As an aside, I have been suffering from Postpartum Anxiety so I'm hopeful that is the cause and there is nothing real.

• Posted

Just to update for anyone curious. My eeg and MRIs ands TON of blood work came out clean leading neurologistto believe likely anxiety. After about 2 months it went away for me. It will randomly happen every now and then, but like once every 3 weeks or so, which makes me think the anxiety assumption might be right.

• Posted

Yeah mine is anxiety also. I stopped taking klonopin 6 months ago and it is worse now, but now that I know what it is hopefully it will go away soon. I noticed while I was on klonopin the first 3 years it went away but it came back in year 4 and I know it was because my body was intolerance withdrawal then.
  • Posted

Hi everyone I'm feeling really scared keep having warm sensations on my body started with my foot now it's random feel so scared 😳 thinking the worst etc panicking can't sleep feeling sick it's not warm to touch just I know my bony doesn't feel right 

Anyone else feeling like me 

Doctors said she thinks I'm anxious but I don't feel like that I've had blood test today only because I was moaning so much you know your body and mines not right I did hypo ventilate in the doctors and cry I'm scared 

• Posted

I hope it had faded for you. Your fear is anxiety (I’m a fellow sufferer). The panic, not being able to sleep, nausea and warming sensations were all anxiety symptoms for me. Find outlets for yourself; exercise, journaling, better diet, etc. and it will get better.
  • Posted

I found this post after googling because I’ve been dealing with this past 6years and still searching for answers. 

So from what I found out, this is “electronic harassment” done by no one knows who.. I’m not saying everyones going thru this, but everyones symptoms I just read is exactly same as mine so I dont know.... I’m looking for a way to cure this myself. And as I’m typing I’m feeling it all over my body.

Try doing a search on youtube and google, see if it sounds like anything you guys are experiencing. 

• Posted

Hello you, 

I'm a girl 23 years old - And I have the same burning sensation in a patch on my left arm. The pattern is a wave-like sensation. It appears for seconds like an internal rush of heat, and then it is gone for minutes, then it comes back. I've had the feeling for days now, it comes and goes. 

I'm wondering how it can turn back to exactly the same spot? I have severe health anxiety. Do you think this can be caused by "just" anxiety? 

Kind regards to all of you out there!

• Posted

Yeah, if you go back through older posts, I think the common thread here is stress/anxiety related.  I had posted sometime last year, and since then things have calmed down for me and I have not had this temporary burning sensation since.  Best of luck to you guys and de-stress as much as you can!
  • Posted

I have had this same thing for few months. I am 63 I'm embarrassed to tell my phycian , she will laugh I have so much wrong. I also know if they don't know what it it's an xiety or strees I'm interested to know what Drs say to u girls and guys.

• Posted

Hello is anyone still experiencing this sensation? Has anyone got a diagnostic from their doctor or have any idea how to treat this so it will go away? It's a very uncomfortable feel when you're just sitting down and both arms start feeling warm. Sometimes the feeling, feels like warm water just sitting inside my arm. And sometimes it feels like a sun burn even though I'm not sunburned.

• Posted

Reducing anxiety was how I got mine to go away. Try exercising, better diet, massage, vitamins, etc.
  • Posted

So last week was the first time I felt this warm sensation on a spot of my arm. The only difference for me is that it started to swell up. Not a lot but i could literally watch it swell. It is still swollen, however it isn't warm anymore. I have also felt the same sensation a couple ther times on the opposite arm but a different spot, also just above my hips on one side. These other spots did not swell, but the original spot is still swollen. This is all in a 8 day time frame. Anyone else experience any swelling?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.