Rapid Heartbeats

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone get days where you feel unable to do anything and just want to

lie down. Do you get breathlessness and rapid heartbeats that just come on.

I know I am meant to be doing things but it's so difficult when you feel terrible

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Debby!

I was recently diagnosed with multiple pulmonary emboli back in December.

I also seem to get heart palpitations quite frequently. In fact, I was admitted into hospital just a few days ago as I felt like my heart went weird.

Have you felt like your rapid heartbeats have started to settle down over time?

I completely understand as well when you say you're meant to be doing things but feel terrible. My haematologist gave me the all clear to do exercise, travel and generally enjoy myself. It's just so difficult. I'm also only 23 years old so I feel like I can't keep up with my friends. All I want to do is stay in bed and sleep.

Lauren x

• Posted

Hi Lauren

I know it is a real life changer...I was diagnosed in November with bi-lateral large PE's, I could hardly walk, eat or drink when I was admitted.

I know that I have right heart strain at the moment due to the PE's and this could be causing some of the rapid heartbeats also the fact that I am anxious too!

I did see a respiratory consultant last week and when I explained to him how I was feeling and the fact my beathing seems to go weird at times too, and he said that it is normal and he see's alot of people who experience the same issues. He does want to do another CT scan to see if the clots have dispersed at all.

I am sure that the rapid heartbeats will settle down over time, mine seem to come on so randomly and when they do I don't want to do anything.

I agree that it is good to try and do a little exercise and my consultnat has said that it would be good for me but to start off very gently and If I don't feel right then rest.

I do try and go for a short walk and it is hard at times and I just want to get home, I also don't like being out of familar surroundings.

Try and do a little if you can but if you don't feel up to it, don't worry just listen to your body, your body has been through a trauma and needs time to heal.

Take care 

Debby x

• Posted

Hi Lauren

I have also seen a respiratory physiotherapist and she has been great and a real help.

Do you have any appointments to see anyone like this?

Debs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.