Rash from gallbladder removal since today

Posted , 28 users are following.

Gallbladder was removed on Tuesday. Today, as I emerged from the haze of my meds, I noticed a red rash from my bellybutton to my breasts. The rashes aren't concentrated around the incision sites. The nurse told me to take a benadryl and a shower, but the rash hasn'y gone away, Should i wait till monday, or go into the ER? I've inclued an image of the rash. Thank you .

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I to had surgery Monday just gone to remove gallbladder, this rash then started on Thursday from bikini line to under bust again with heavier lines to sides of stomach the itching is driving me mad I am breaking the skin , hopefully will go to Doctor on Monday and see what they suggest

• Edited

I had gallbladder surgery on March 4th stopped taking Meds on the 6th and woke up on the 10th with this rash. Doctor told me to take Benadryl and use Benadryl cream. If this does not help to call back next morning so we will see.

• Posted

i know this was 5 years ago but i just broke out in the same weird rash after laparoscopic gallbladder removal and found this . It isnt itchy or anything but looks like yours and I think its spreading down to the tops of my thighs. Doc said its probably a reaction to the surgical wash. what was your final resolution

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.