Razor Burn? Cut? Irrigation from sex or herpes!?

Posted , 13 users are following.

imageimage

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i cut my self shaving had sex shaved over my cut on accident and it felt like a bad razor burn and folliculitis. started about 5 days ago i had sex with new partner about 2 weeks ago blood came back negative with pending culture. let me know what you think please

• Posted

does it burn or itch or painful?

• Posted

it burns no itch but that typically feels like my usual razor burn...this one is different because i had sex after cutting it then shaved over the cut and walked for about 16 hrs for my shift at work...my MD said it looks like herpes but i dont see how this considering my situation be a bad case of razor burn/chaffing/infevted hair follicles

• Posted

How has it progressed now?

• Posted

its only painful when i wipe , no discharge or any other symptoms...my doc seemed 100% sure it was herpes though which scared me. i thought it looked like a bad case of chaffing/and razor burn

• Posted

What did it exactly look like when it started? In some photos it looks like a skin infection. Did you get a swab done?

• Posted

it looked like a bump with a hair going sideways (which always happens) i plucked it out with tweezers then shaved over it like a moron, next day it opened up...edges of my skin looked rolled

• Posted

positive.

• Posted

Wow im sorry babe. At least the good news is you had a very mild outbreak which is healing quickly. And its crazy how everyone is different bc in your case it wasnt typical sores or lesions. Just looks like a raw area

• Posted

2...im very upset...ive prayed that this wasnt it...dont know what to think

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.