Razor burn? friction rub through intercourse? Help!

Posted , 98 users are following.

Recently had intercourse with my boyfriend and this is the first time something like this has ever happened. I know for a fact we are both std and hpv clean because we both went to the doctor together for tests. We only have sex with each other.Both sides of my labia stings when stretched or even when i put a finger on it. It seems like the skin completely came off. As well i found out that there are multiple sores around my anus area. I'm confident that it could be from friction burn, but its hard to identify and research about it if it looks similar to herpes. At first i thought, the pain was from getting used to his size, but it started becoming difficult to wash the area at all. I always wash my vagina after sex and atleast 3 times a day, but now i've been washing it more than ever. I also checked if he had anything with his penis but it seems to be completely clean and normal I have also shaved right before we've had sex, so maybe the intercourse had irritated the skin? Has anyone ever recieved these before? 

7 likes, 137 replies

137 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have this exact problem and had to be certain it was not herpes or some other kind of STI ... so I just got done visiting the obgyn ... it seems to be folliculitis ... infection of the hair follicles. 
    • Posted

I went to the doc today and have something similar but looks worse and she she confirmed that it was Folliculitis . I’m in pain and she didn’t give me anything because I attempted to put stuff on it and it is now inflammed . 
  • Posted

I? know this post is old but didn’t you ever find out what it was ?

• Edited

I had something very similar happen to me recently, it’s had me freaking out that it’s herpes or some other std.  

Honestly though my symptoms do not correspond fully with  herpes. I experienced no flu like symptoms, no rash, no itching. Only these sores appeared,  which started off like ingrown hairs, and they hurt whenever I peed and urine got on them. 

I’ve done some research, and apparently yeast infections show these kind of sores in some cases, however you would have also had to experience the whitish mucus around your inner labia too. (Which I have).  I’ve had the spots for roughly 5 days, and they’ve just healed over on the 6th. Doctor will confirm in three days what I have, fingers crossed it’s not herpes. 

• Edited

Unfortunately it turned out to be herpes. Totally devastated, but trying to work through it as best I can x 
    • Posted

How do we fully know there's a difference... Did the doctor just look at it or did they test you ? I'm not a doctor so every case may be different but your symptoms sound exactly like mine. It'll show up on my vagina or buttocks but Everytime it goes away after a week. It's hard to urinate let alone wipe the area. The only thing to keep it away for me is not shaving, but it'll always come back.

• Edited

may i ask what your results were please?? as your situation almost mirrors mine but i was told by a blood test i have herpes BUT also i read that blood tests give false positives sometimes and they need to swab the actual sore which has never been done... weird part is I ONLY get them when i have rough sex or a lot of friction (or when i have a bad yeast infection)

sorry that my posts are so long LOL

• Posted

hi im wondering if u could help me out ive got some small little pus filled boils/spots dont know if its the same or a rash

• Posted

Hey Caitin,

what did the doctor say with your symptoms? I have the same thing and I'm terrified!

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.