Razor burn? friction rub through intercourse? Help!

Posted , 98 users are following.

Recently had intercourse with my boyfriend and this is the first time something like this has ever happened. I know for a fact we are both std and hpv clean because we both went to the doctor together for tests. We only have sex with each other.Both sides of my labia stings when stretched or even when i put a finger on it. It seems like the skin completely came off. As well i found out that there are multiple sores around my anus area. I'm confident that it could be from friction burn, but its hard to identify and research about it if it looks similar to herpes. At first i thought, the pain was from getting used to his size, but it started becoming difficult to wash the area at all. I always wash my vagina after sex and atleast 3 times a day, but now i've been washing it more than ever. I also checked if he had anything with his penis but it seems to be completely clean and normal I have also shaved right before we've had sex, so maybe the intercourse had irritated the skin? Has anyone ever recieved these before? 

7 likes, 137 replies

137 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hello all.

First I have had these razor/friction bump/blister for as long as I have been shaving my area. I also have a tiny area ofj herpes on my back, so nowhere near my pubic area. So I know what both look and feel like. The razor bumps come up normally around my anus or the skin between my anus and vag or on my labia ( friction from sex or tight thong) 

I get little ones here and there every now and again ( if I shave wrong or have an old razor)The bumps can be itchy like an annoying tickle.but nowhere near as itchy as herpes and I normally feel overly sensitive where they come up. I only notice I have them once I wipe after I use the bathroom.

What I do when I get them is once in the shower, I pop them under running water. Popping them relieves the sensitivity.I know it can be bad to pop blisters but I have never gotten an infection as next I wash my area with soap and water. Once I get out the shower. I pat dry BUT DO NOT RUB as you can irritate it and rub more skin off. I next use rubbing alcohol on a q-tip to dab them cleaner. It does burn but it is very satisfying. Nex, tI air dry for about 10mins. After that I use hydrocortisone and or antiseptic ointment on the area and around to keep it clean. You have to be careful whipping and put something cream or oil based on the area for about 5 days after to make sure no friction causes more trouble.  Let it scab over and try not to break it. Afte the rshower, pat dry and clean it well. 

Herpes starts with itchy bumps. The area will look/feel like a pimple/ bug bite. You will have little clusters of sort of hard whitefish bumps and the skin around will be slightly raised. These herpes bumps are hard and itchy like a bug bite or even like burning and pimple like ( I know I am repeating but I don't really know how else to explain it) it can take days for these to clear. 

If you are not sure just go get. A blood test or go to the doctors when you have the bumps present for a sample swab. 

Like I said, I get both and they are different 

Hope this helps

• Posted

Also the pics look like what mine look like after the razor blisters have been rubbed to hard. Sort of like pits. If you blisters are like this for many days, it because the area is too moist so the scabs can't have a chance to heal. Lay on the ointment and clean the area with rubbing alcohol ( as the alcohol will dry it out) keep it dry. Sleep commando for a night or two to give a chance to heal. If it starts to look red or bleeding, you may have an infection so go the doctor. It could take a week or so to clear up depending on your activity. 

• Edited

This actually made me feel a LOT better. Cos everything I've found says herpes. I have pit like sores very similar to these pics only around my anus. Nowhere else. I haven't had anal since 2012 and I haven't ever had this before. I've had multiple partners since then and nothing like this has happened before. I've been with my husband for 3 years now, only partner and nothing like this has happened before. A day before this happened I shaved, or tried to shave down there and the next day my husband and I had rough prolonged sex and then these almost clear blisters, as blisters usually are, popped up and I always wipe too hard and they popped. It also doesn't hurt to pass stool, so that's good. But I've been gently washing /drying after. I mean they could have appeared because I just wipe too hard. There is burning and itching but no other onset herpes symptoms. And if it were herpes I feel like it would be in my vaginal region, on his penis and on our mouths. I am going to an obgyn in a few days for a check up but whenever you're trying to find something like this and all the internet shows is herpes it gets really scary. I had a panic attack and it was so hard to hide it from my husband because I'm scared to even mention the possibility of it being herpes until I know. So this post helped a lot. Thank you

• Posted

Sorry for the late response. I actually chickened out of going to the obgyn about it(lol), so I never did find out for sure. It has been almost 10 months since this occured and hasn't happened since so I'm 100% sure it wasn't herpes. Looking back the razor I used when I shaved was old and I probably shouldn't have used it. For treatment I just lightly washed the area with unscented soap every time I used the bathroom and pat dry, making sure it was really dry, then applied triple anti biotic cream and anti itch cream when needed. Also let it breath at night, so loose shorts or something. It cleared up after a few days. Hope this helped

• Posted

see .. this is what im thinking .. it was the razor.. it could be one of the four ...

-sex (when i was having sex it felt like my vagina was ripping so we stopped)

-they say contraceptive pills can cause yeast infections and yeast infections can cause sores

-or the razor i used the day after sex.. and the razor was a razor i usually use my my mustache lol or my uni

• Edited

you chickened out.... of going to get tested.. girl if you dont go get yourself checked you know you can months or even years without an outbreak.

• Posted

the razor burn come up within a day of the friction/ shaving / etc. if you keep it clean and dry it will go down and heal within three- ish days

herpes blisters/ sores takes about three-four days to show up. the area feel like an itchy bug bite for a day or two and than it shows itself. it can last 7-10 days.

• Posted

hi im in the same situation right now..its been 3days when i developed a suden onset of multiple ulcers all over my labia up to anus..my partner and i have no std,herpes although i have recurrent BV due to pills intake.im in deep pain especially when urinating what medicine should i take to fasten the healing of the sores and do i need to take anti virals now??
    • Posted

Get to  a Dr asap to have them culture the sores. Until then, benadryl orally (I take 2 pills) and use lidocaine (walgreens or cvs or Walmart) usually found near tucks medicated pads for hemorrhoids... (Search for the main ingredient of lidocaine) and rub it where you are hurting. 

I also use desitin baby butt ointment all over to dry the areas. But this is what worked for me. I'm sorry you are experiencing this 

• Posted

I am currently having this problem and it is so painful, especially since I work 8 hrs a day constantly walking around so there’s constant friction. I know that it is from shaving like an idiot. But does any one know a fast and affective way to get rid of this? It is an unbearable amount of pain at this point. 
    • Posted

Hi Sarah I have recently found out that this is focculitis bad razor burn basically and needs a doctor for antibiotics Penicillin bactrum either one and last about a week and peeing burns the sore. I found that with the antibiotics you should 1. Drink cranberry juice until cleared up 2. Vagisil is your best friend 3. Avoid anything scented 4. Stick to cotton panties 5. Baths are awesome 6. Ice calms the swelling and 7. Take Benadryl or Advil for pain 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.