Re-typing as no one got back to me :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

My heart beats 26,000 times more per day than usual my practioner told me! my blood work looks VERY bad and im so scared im going to develop a disease in the long run. He asked me what made me anxious, and I said well I don't know really. I am more so afriad of the panic attacks but he said but there must be a trigger like a thought? I said "well all I know is that it started after telling someone I had strong feelings for them and despite me telling this person the anxiety never left but developed in health anxiety imo. It's not like I think of this person/situation anymore either because I have been so over taken by trying to get through each day without fainting or dying..I am wondering if health anxiety can be an underlying issue of something more like in my case that event that took place over 3 months ago where I told someone how much I loved them? Idk....I feel he doesn't understand health anxiety?  fear my health will keep deteriorating due to anxiety which is what is happening (The irony I know!). Does any practioner out there actually understand what I mean? Or do they all think "what are you anxious about"? I feel it somewhat hard to control but today I am trying to breathe through it, instead of hold my breath and wait for it to pass untill the next time ...

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Amba. I'm so sorry for how you are feeling. I'm very new to this forum so I don't really know how to give advice on the issue of anxiety. I'm struggling with it myself and it has gone in to depression it seems. All I can say is that when I'm feeling anxious I've been working on finding something to do to get my mind busy. I cleaned and organized all weekend and it seemed to help. I find that my anxiety gets worse when I try to sit still to watch TV or something. If you need sometime to talk to, I'm here for you!

• Posted

Hey thanks ashley for your reply! I underttand what u mean, it usually gets worse if I sit down, with having said that, it gets bad when I am active too because I notice my heart pumping. Actually , the only relief I usualyl get (touch wood), is when I lay down as my heart rate decreases but I can't lay down all day! lol Blood tests from doc will prb show everything is fine as they it's not live blood testing. I had live blood testing done other day and had soo much calcium leaching into blood stream :O Fatty deposisits even though im skinny, bacteria, dried out blood, no minerals, cells all bunched and jagged together ,Bilirubin etc :'(

• Posted

What is your heart rate. What is very bad about your blood work
    • Posted

I am actually going to the doctor on Wednesday to have some blood work done. Buy my heart rate usually rests at about 95bpm...which is not that bad. On Thursday I had an awful panic attack and my heart rate got up to 138bpm. I kept thinking I was going to have a heart attack.
    • Posted

well I don't know my heart rate exactly but he just said it pumps 26,000 times more than usualy per day and that I had clacium leaching into the blood, fatty deposists which you would usually find in an over weight person and im very under weight , blood cells all bunched together and damged (Like hundreds!) Basically said my body is eating itself alive sad

• Posted

Your doctor gave you a lot to work on. The best diet for heart health is the Mediterranean diet with lots of vegetables and good fats like olive oil. Low sodium should slow your heart down. Below 100 is normal. Check your blood pressure too
  • Posted

I hate it when doctors or people in general ask that stupid question. What triggers us isn't has plain as day - it not that simple. I'm sorry that you are going through this - anxiety does suck.

?Keep us posted and hang in there. Know we are here for you.

• Posted

Ahh yeah I guess because they've never gone through something like this! I had a severe bout of anxiety 2 years ago but with all the right supplemements I got through after few months. This time I am on the same course of action, been taking all the natural supplements but nothing! It seems like I have gotten worse in fact :O I can not see a future anymore and I have decided I am not going to live like this. I know others suffer like this and it's terrible! I am either going on the meds from doc or quit it because those really are the last options. Can't afford therapy as been spending $$ else where. I give up , really it's like the more I dig, the worse I get. Thanks for all your support 

• Posted

Writing here can be your therapy. We are all going through the same thing and we need to stick together.

?There's so many people here who care and want you to be well. I don't want you to quit. Talk to your doctor and see what they say. What you are feeling is terrible and no one deserves this kind of problem. But plese remember that you are not alone. We are all here for you!!

?I'm sending you positive vibes. Keep posting. Take care.

• Posted

Yeah, I got the same question by a Dr. What do you think triggered this. It's because I guess they've never experienced it or they wouldn't ask the silly question.... I was just sitting there relaxing when my panic attack came on.

• Posted

I have health anxiety also, and I mean severe.. Just know that your doctor found it and he clearly knows what he is talking about since he knows the problem, so now it's just taking steps to solve it.. Are you on a beta blocker? I was reading on different meds today and it says those are popular with patients because they not only slow the heart down but they also decrease anxiety.. You need to see a psychiatrist with these thoughts, a practioner is trained in medicine but they must refer you to someone who is trained with the mind.. Tell him you NEED a referral to a counselor or psychiatrist.. In the mean time, do NOT Google your systems or what your blood work means.. (not saying it would be anything major, but health anxiety and Google do not mix.. At all! Lol). Get a coloring book, put on some music, do things that get your mind off of it.. Have u had a holter monitor? What test were you hooked up to that he discovered your heart beating so fast??

• Posted

yeah I must admit I am addicted to google!! Na, have not tried Beta Blockers....Are there any bad side affects to them, the side affects what worries me....He did my blood pressure laying down and standing up  and no I have not had a holter monitor ? Can't afford CBT or therapy, I only have $60 left in my account!! 

• Posted

Whenever they do my bp laying, sitting and standing it's to measure if you're dehydrated, at least I know that's one symptom that they do that test for.. That's weird that he pinpointed a number but didn't do a test that would show your entire days HR.. As for side effects, I'm not sure but the side effects can't be any worse than what we deal with now! Lol. Do you quality for any type of insurance? I'm not sure what your blood work would entail as far as recovering your body but I can imagine you will need a ton of appointments so it wouldn't hurt to look into an insurance plan or better insurance plan.. Maybe look up beta blockers and nothing else lol

• Posted

You can afford a cbt workbook from online thre are a few to choose from and Go ahead and give a try. Hopefully all self explanatory. Also a download on your device as an app..but go for better app available. Free is lacking too much info. Youll probably be ale to get the jist of it like that.
  • Posted

Focus on getting those vitamins and minerals up!! It might take a while before they actually get into your system. I know online people might help you but do you have a friend who goes through the same issue as well or someone who can just listen to you? Talking about my feelings to my mom helps me more than going to see my therapist! Magnesium, fish oil, omega and vitamin b's and d's are what you want to focus on. Have you checked your thyroid?? Eliminate any other physical conditions that may be causing this before deciding that it is purely anxiety! Don't give up I was like this before and I have gotten better!  How about checking out some cbt self-help books at your local library? Instead of focusing on googling the symptoms, google ways to overcome anxiety or success stories of people that had really bad anxiety and hypochondria yet still overcame it.

And if all else fails, don't be so discouraged or defeated if you want to take pills for it. Though there is a bad stigma for it, some people truly do need it!! You'll be just fine! Go out with friends and be open with your family, the support that I got from my family was just amazing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.