Re-typing as no one got back to me :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

My heart beats 26,000 times more per day than usual my practioner told me! my blood work looks VERY bad and im so scared im going to develop a disease in the long run. He asked me what made me anxious, and I said well I don't know really. I am more so afriad of the panic attacks but he said but there must be a trigger like a thought? I said "well all I know is that it started after telling someone I had strong feelings for them and despite me telling this person the anxiety never left but developed in health anxiety imo. It's not like I think of this person/situation anymore either because I have been so over taken by trying to get through each day without fainting or dying..I am wondering if health anxiety can be an underlying issue of something more like in my case that event that took place over 3 months ago where I told someone how much I loved them? Idk....I feel he doesn't understand health anxiety?  fear my health will keep deteriorating due to anxiety which is what is happening (The irony I know!). Does any practioner out there actually understand what I mean? Or do they all think "what are you anxious about"? I feel it somewhat hard to control but today I am trying to breathe through it, instead of hold my breath and wait for it to pass untill the next time ...

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I googled live blood test and some people don't believe its legitimate science

• Posted

Hello Amba,

I'm new here, actually googled panic attack forums and read your post and saw it was fairly recent, actually it said posted minutes ago...other forums I had looked at were posted years ago! So I didn't see that being a good route for my first online forum experience. Anyways...

My panic attacks just started as well. About 3 weeks ago actually. But before I talk about myself I just wanted to say that the dr who said your blood work looked bad is a bit silly. I'm sure that your blood work is find and maybe you should get a second opinion. That's only going to make things worse by believing that is what's causing your anxiety. Best thing to do is try your best to not worry, easier said then done I know, but I'm working hard at not worrying about health, as quickly as a negative health thought comes into my head I dismiss it, it may take a while but I tell myself Im not going to be a hypercondriac...I'll also tell myself there's a million other things that people have out there in the world that are far worse then my anxiety and panic attacks. Kind like tell myself I'll take my anxiety and panic attacks over something crazy health problem anyday because the anxiety and panic attacks aren't going to kill me or hurt my health, they are just scary as heck! Anyway I'm thinking that may not have helped much but I just wanted to open up the conversation. I want to be here for people with panic attacks as I know it's a scary place, I'm still recovering, I had my first ever huge panic attack 3 weeks ago , sent me to the emergency room because I honestly thought I was going to pass out and die. I didn't know at first I was having a panic attack. Mine was alcohol induced, I drank way more then I should... Now three weeks later I'm still feeling this darn panic attack hangover. So your not alone, I'm not alone,I'm learning that this is common for people to have these symptoms last days weeks or months before they return to normal, I'm positive there's going to be a brighter day, we all just have to hang in there.

• Posted

Thanks Joel for your great advice! I disagree with a few things. The practioner I see is one of a kind and I have never met anyone with his expertise. It is very expensive and shows the condition of my body internally which explains why I/people with panic attacks feel so grotty! Yes at the end of the day it's anxiety but I disagree that it's "Just anxiety and not detrimental to your health". Anxiety causes aches , pains and the digestive system to not work properly, thus can lead to an array of health conditions if it contiues to long. I have always had a form of anxiety there anyhow, it has just gotten out of hand these last few months and I can not find a way to break the cycle. I do try be positive but as soon as I try, I feel the adrenaline again and it just continues all day. I hardly eat because mt gut is so fkd up. I know we all go through this and all I know is that we just have to take it as is and what ever happens happens I guess. Thanks for your kind support! x

• Posted

Totally makes since about what your saying how anxiety can effect us with aches, pains, and the digestive system. Ive experienced all that in the last three weeks since I had mine, I wonder if its a hightened since of awareness I have of my body now since the panic attack. I worry about so many health things that I didn't before, and it doesn't help that I work in a hospital, I'll start being a hypercondriac thinking I'm going to catch this persons studder, or that I developed diabetes and that's why I'm having this...all just unrational thoughts but at that moment I get freaked out by these uncontrollable thoughts

• Posted

Hi joel ,

yes deff a heightened sense of awareness ! Honestly idk why it's so hard to rationalise at times, it just seems to sweep over and it's very hard trying to explain how it works to someone whom hsa never gone through/experienced this before. At least we have each other and many more on this site (*hugs*) 

• Posted

Yes definitely hard to communicate to others about it. I told my best friend who has type 1 diabitis about my symptoms and he is saying all those symptoms I'm experiencing are just like his for diabetes, so he says he doesn't think it's a panic attack and that he instead think I'm getting diabetes. Which only makes things worse for me lol because then I started worrying that I was getting diabetes. But I rulled that out through tests. So with no one around me that has experience with panic attacks, I'm glad I at least have this forum.

• Posted

Heya, 

Read your above and yeah I understand what u mean! Of course our minds will think of worst case scenario and your friend didn't help the situtation given what you're already going through! Any how not to worry. If it has ruled out diabetes then it's deff anxiety/panic attacks! Im okay today, got up really late as I rarely sleep well. Tried deep breathing which helped in the moment. Will continue to try that with visualisation . I feel it'll take me  a while though as I have a lot of fear to deal with but I'll keep trying. At least I know while I am taking deep breaths, that it is doing good for the body . How are u doing?

• Posted

Yeah I love the deep breathing while having a fan on me.

Today I did well actually, I went and talked to my dr for the first time since moving to Fresno , she was horrendous, she didn't even listen to me and sounded really fake. But despite that I felt pretty decent today, kept worry about if a panic attack was going to come on and here it is 10pm and had nothing all day. So I'm happy about that.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Beta blockers helps control heart rate and helps with blood pressure it's also used to treat anxiety I was on adolol for a few months one thing u can not stop taking it abruptly you have to be weaned off of them due to them making your bp go sky high and your heart rate my heart raced coming off them. But I have that problem anyways for awhile now heart races and bp spike and I'm on a bp med

I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

No one has had heart attack from panic attacks , no matter how fast your hearts beat. ..and dont listen to much doctors about bloof test ..you better consult with one psychologist ..panic attacks are to scary but they don't harm you

• Posted

I understnad but it can bunch up your cells which in the long run can create a heart attack . Stress causes heart attacks! sad Hey is not a doctor, more a naturopath ......Thanks for the advice 

• Posted

I think your high level of catastrophizing is what is causing your anxiety? Lets take this little by little to try to eliminate the root.

What is your biggest fear at the moment? And keep working backwards by questioning every answer to it.

For example "My biggest fear is of dying." "How come?" "Because this anxiety makes me feel like im going to have a heart attack" "Well what are the chances of you dying of anxiety?" "Very little to none"

I know its easier said than done but try to address your issues in a peaceful mammer. And what you said about stress and heart attack is sooo far streched! You are not going to have a heart attack from it and you are not going insane. Okay so say that stress might contribute to a higher risk of a heart attack... Yet you are just completely stretching things to far by saying that because you are more stressed, anxious and tired it will directly lead to health problems or a heart attack. Nowadays everything can lead to a heart attack, from meat, smoking, eating too much cheese, not brushing your teeth right to sleeping too little or even sleeping too much. See where im getting at?

Your anxiety is making you blow things out of proportion because your mind is fixated over your health status. I know its hard right now, it feels uncomfortable and you feel soo vulnerable. But you'll get better. I know this because Ive gotten better and I was in the same state as you.

Hope you got to read my post above.

Have you had your thyroid checked?

Anything you need help on let me know! Hope you begin to feel better smile

• Posted

Challenge those anxious thoughts and overcome fear! YOU GOT THIS! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.