Reactive EBV and oral thrush?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, i am 19, female, and healthy since this condition ruined my life. i have been suffering with ebv for a little over a year now since my initial infection of mono. i never feel that great and am constantly experiencing new/bizarre symptoms everyday. (including, bone pain, shooting pains, neck pain, muscle pain, nerve pain, tinnitis, blurry vision, fogginess, achiness, etc). i was then diagnosed with Hashimotos. but my newest symptom is oral thrush. i woke up 6 days ago with this and i am utterly petrified. I am a horrible anxiety sufferer and hypondriac and i googled oral thrush and it only mentions HIV or cancer. my anxiety is making me believe that those are the only two reasons i have it. i cant think straight bc im so worried. Could oral thrush be due to my reactive ebv, high amounts of stress, and/or hashimotos? please help

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

wow, I could never exercise through this. Went sick on the 7th March. Been sick ever since. The constant dull acheing feeling in my head, feeling spaced out and jelly legs has stopped me from doing anything vigorous.

• Posted

yes before diagnosed i worked out for 5 months really hard . i went running so dizzy but just had a cup of coffee and did it . i thought it was just hormones as im at that age ....its weird but once diagnosed felt worse . its strange what your mind can overcome...

• Posted

I was the same Dodge, exercising (other than walking) and working were really out of the question for me completely for much of the first year of recovery. But things will come back Dodge, your body resilience will return and you will get there - hoping and praying so much by the time the spring (northern hemisphere that is!) you will be seeing improvement and starting to feel a good bit better within yourself. It was about 10 months before I started to see a real breakthrough Dodge (thanks to God), so hang in there and remember you will get there!

Craig

• Posted

The mind is such a powerful and tool, our biggest strength and biggest enemy in equal measure at various times. Hoping and praying so much God gives us the mindset of overcomers and the right attitude and approach to get through the difficult times and periods. Hang in there Lori!

Craig

• Posted

Just noticed today on my tongue I have a white patch. Only checked it in detail as my throat hurts a little today when I swallow. Really hoping I'm not getting a sore throat as I can't stand them...with the one I had at the beginning of the virus being the worst I've ever had. Perhaps I've had this before in the last 8 month's without really checking. I'm actually going back to the doctors tomorrow for just a general check up, but will mention my tongue and throat...Plus the other symptoms I've had...if I can remember them all. Think it's just easier to say what doesn't hurt.

• Posted

good luck with your appt dodge ...and yes many people have mouth sores with this . try not to worry too much. let us know what your dr says...

• Posted

Hoping also that the doctor's goes well Dodge, and that they can offer some reassurance regarding the tongue and throat. It is only understandable that would be concerned given such an awful experience with sore throat at the beginning of mono, and so much not wanting to have to experience anything like that again. Just remember Dodge that even if not fully recovery yet (which it will with time) your body is better equipped now to deal with the virus that it was then at the beginning so hopefully this sore throat will not come to anything anywhere near as severe and will pass over, and that the white patch on the tongue will settle and disappear - remember these kind of things can sometimes be quite common with completely harmless things or minor bugs that pass over quickly.

Hoping for a good day Dodge and let us know how you get on at the docs.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.