Reactive EBV and oral thrush?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, i am 19, female, and healthy since this condition ruined my life. i have been suffering with ebv for a little over a year now since my initial infection of mono. i never feel that great and am constantly experiencing new/bizarre symptoms everyday. (including, bone pain, shooting pains, neck pain, muscle pain, nerve pain, tinnitis, blurry vision, fogginess, achiness, etc). i was then diagnosed with Hashimotos. but my newest symptom is oral thrush. i woke up 6 days ago with this and i am utterly petrified. I am a horrible anxiety sufferer and hypondriac and i googled oral thrush and it only mentions HIV or cancer. my anxiety is making me believe that those are the only two reasons i have it. i cant think straight bc im so worried. Could oral thrush be due to my reactive ebv, high amounts of stress, and/or hashimotos? please help

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

its candida i believe and you can get supplements to do a 'yeast cleanse' try and stay away from sugar dairy and all the other things it feeds off . i think its ALL the virus ... i have so many weird things popping up all the time .try not to worry it has a way of affecting everything. its such a horrible strong virus ...and so sad that there is no cure for us . keep healthy and rest as much as you can .... i know ...its boring but thats all we can do .

• Posted

thank you so much for replying. yes this virus is unbelievable. i never knew about how bad it was presviously. i hope your right, i mean ebv wears down the immune system which im sure helps yeast overgrow. kind of common sense. reading online literally only says hiv or cancer. i need to stop reading!! hope you feel better soon too xo

• Posted

HI Nicole, i had mono in May this year (2018)and have had some horrible symptoms changing weekly and one of them being oral thrush. I had two different treatments which eventually treated it, along with careful diet, no dairy and limit sugar. I think its just another sign of how run down our body still is. I have also been struggling with anxiety on a daily basis. Hope it clears up soon for you.

• Posted

your reply just reduced my anxiety significantly. Thank you so much. i hope we both start to feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

Just a quick note to let you know that I've been dealing with the virus since Feb 2018. Yes, it is horrid - sooooo many symptoms, including anxiety, which I have never felt on this scale in my life....also, 24/7 headache, neck + back pain, joint pain, facial pain, dry mouth and white tongue. Mine was at it's worse in the first 4 months or so, but I still am suffering. I used to have a perfect mouth. I have also had a few canker sores on my tongue. I know exactly how you feel. I have been taking 'nystatin' prescribed by my naturopath for candida and mycotoxins which I also am dealing with. I am still suffering but feel that I am making progress.....this virus can really do a number on us. If you are in an area where you can find a good naturopath, I would recommend seeing one. In the mean time, boost your immune system as best that you can with a low sugar clean diet and rest. Acupuncture has been helping me as an immune booster as relaxing has been next to impossible on my own. I am also supplementing with Chinese herbs and reishi mushrooms. Please try to relax as much as possible and have some patience with your body that is trying to find homeostasis. Trust me, I know how hard it is but it WILL help.

Hang in there,

Kiki x

• Posted

Thank you for your response. i already started looking into acupunture! i hope we can all heal soon.

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

Oh what an awful year you've been through by the sounds of it, just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and empathise with how awful the EBV / mono virus is having went through it myself many years ago.

Many of these symptoms sound similar to mine Nicole when I went through it, and I want to reassure you that you will get better and this horrible virus does go away eventually. Goodness knows you must be so weary and drained after more than a year, but please know that this can be normal for this virus, it took me over a year to start to get back to any kind of normality, but got there thanks to God only and I believe you will get there too Nicole - this thing doesn't last forever and from my own experience of it I truly truly believe you will get better - and that is coming from someone who thought they may never get there with it at one point - but did thanks to God and you will too - I believe God is going to get you through this 100% I believe that, no matter how tough things seem now.

I hope so much these thrush symptoms and all these symptoms settle down - I do understand how awful it is to worry and be overwhelmed when you keep getting hit with things and to panic when you start reading things on google. Please know Nicole that it most likely isn't anything any where near as serious as you have been thinking, these things can be common and caused by many things and clear up, it may well just be a wee infection in the mouth which can happen and clears up. Of course it's always wise to go and see the doctor, and hoping they can offer some reassurance and hope - and remember it's only the scare stories that people put on google, the vast majority of people who have these kind of symptoms do get better without any harm and these stories are never recorded anywhere because people become well again! And you will be well again too Nicole you really will - you are a young person and will be healthy again and have lots of good and healthy times ahead, just a tough tough phase in your life but you will get by it you really will - God will get you there.

In terms of the EBV, taking vitamins and herbs really helped me during my recovery. A good strong multi-vitamin per day (Immuance here in the UK was one I have taken and found good), a B complex vitamin per day (great for nervous system and energy levels), higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) and immune boosting herbs like oregano, siberian ginseng and echinacea - these can all help with any oral thrush too I think - but of course always worth asking a doc or herbalist.

Just be kind to yourself Nicole, breath deeply in those moments when feeling overwhelmed, and tell yourself that this is temporary and you will feel better again - hoping and praying so much for things to get better for you soon and will say a prayer for your recovery Nicole. Hang in there, one day at a time and don't put yourself under any pressure and do talk to someone close that you trust about how you've been feeling is so important too. Thinking of you.

Craig

• Posted

that made me tear up. thank you so much for your kind words. its very comforting to hear that from someone who has experienced this virus. thank you again. i hope you continue to be healthy and that i soon can say the same

• Posted

Oh thanks Nicole for your kind words too, been going through a hard time myself and need God's help and strength every day right now also!

Just remember you will get through this Nicole - words can't describe the awful experience and way this thing makes you feel when it goes on for such a period - it was life changing for me but absolutely there is hope and it does get better, just so frustrating it can take a little time but truly you will get there.

You are young Nicole and God has amazing plans for your life- He needs you well for that and is going to get you well again so just hang in there and don't give up! Better times are ahead, but for now just take things slowly and one day at a time and don't panic if recovery isn't overnight, because it will definitely come - it really will Nicole. I thought it never would with me too but it did and you will get there! And you know what you will be so much stronger, healthier and happier for having gone through this and have a new sense of freedom. Will say a prayer for your recovery today.

One step at a time - don't look far ahead - hoping today can be a settled one and remember can come on here and chat any time.

Craig

• Posted

i will pray for you and hope you get better as well. this is a rough virus. wouldnt wish it on anyone... enjoy your holidays and thank you for being so supportive to everyone on this site. it makes all the difference

• Posted

Just a quickie Craig,as its 5.30am and still im awake!!,sorry to hear you are still struggling and yet you keep giving out so much encouragement to us all on here,you truly are a very special person,keep on keeping on and hoping tomorrow is a better day,lots love xx

• Posted

Hey Diane,

Oh thanks so much for the encouraging words, those kind of messages and words go such a long you are a truly special person Diane it's important you know that - I can only imagine some of the deep lows and phases you have been through over a long period, but I still believe God is working in your situation Diane and that He has a new and fresh chapter in your life ahead that involves you being healthy and happy and free. I'm keeping you in my prayers Diane!

Things been up and down myself, God has been helping me though, still a way to go and just taking things a day at a time, it's all we can do and trust that God knows everything that's going on and will look after the bigger picture for us.

Sending love and best wishes and prayers for the Holy Spirit to come in and give you peace, new strength and healing.

Craig x

• Posted

And I do hope Diane that you are able to get a better sleep tonight, it's awful when your sleep is disrupted and unsettled and hoping that a good sleeping and rest pattern can manifest from here on in.

Craig

• Posted

gosh how i know that feeling ! waking up sooooo early tired and unable to get back to sleep ....i take pills now as i just could not function ... ill take anything just to sleep!

• Posted

Having interrupted or unsettled sleep must be so horrible Lori, I just hope and pray that these tablets are helping in this respect and that it can offer some real respite and relief in terms of getting a good night sleep all or most nights anyway. Thinking of you.

Craig

• Posted

Which pills are you taking at the moment lori?

I am still taking the passionflower sometimes. I also take the cbd drop before going to bed and when I wake up during the night. For the most part they do help, however occasionally I have one of those nights when something is playing on my mind and nothing sleeps to help. Tuesday night was one of those nights - got in a heated argument with the bf at 10pm which was never a good idea!

• Posted

oh im taking so much stuff! medical thc chocolate cbd oil sleeping pills dr gave me and xanax for panic. i did start a low dose ad prozac only 5 mg ... its helping me sleep but i think giving me anxiety which i believe is common when first starting them.

not sure whats worse no sleep or anxiety ????

• Posted

plus california poppy valerian and melatonin so yes a lot of things ...i need my sleep !

• Posted

my anxiety first started just over a year ago when i started taking sleeping pill zopiclone. So not sure if its the pill or just the ebv thats causes the anxiety.

• Posted

I took melatonin from end dec 2017 to early jan 2018 but didn't find it helpful. But it's very tricky when it comes to dosage. I tried various and it didnt have the desired effect.

• Posted

Good luck with all the supplements / medication you are trying Kay and Lori. I know I've mentioned most of the things that's helped me here before. In terms of sleep and rest, things like cayenne pepper and feverfew from tea time onwards can be very helpful and soothing. There are lots of things though that are worth looking into / trying.

The tricyclic antidepressant amitrypyline is something which certainly though makes me very tired come bed time and helps greatly with sleep. Again not something I know for jumping onto lightly, but perhaps worth discussing with doc if really struggling in this area and needing a bit of extra help.

Craig

• Posted

Lori I'm taking so much herbs, vitamins and medication too - our kitchen is like a pharmacy and if you shake me up and down I would rattle with pills!

• Posted

I also could definitely open a pharmacy in my house with the amount of things I have. So many things I have bought, tried a couple of times and haven't touched again. There should be a service available to return some of these stuff.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.