Read that colour changes (white patches) may not go away; How to tell if LS is in remission?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I read that sometimes colour changes may not be reversible. In that case, how do you know if the LS is in remission and the colour change is just permanent? 

The general guidelines seem to include a tapering of clobetasol to either as needed or a less frequent application but I'm confused as to how to tell whether LS is in remission if the discolouration can be present even after symptoms resolve.

I am new to this stuff, and it seems that the amount of information is often conflicting! Thanks!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good question sparker. I'm in my 20s so I don't think the white area is age related in my case as Morrell mentioned.

I was diagnosed in January and my white patches are still there. Sometimes it looks like they are fading and other times they look the same. I have read that they can take a long time to fade. A long time I'm assuming years? I also read that they may not go away. That disturbs me a little knowing that it isn't reversible.

I agree though that there is a lot of conflicting information!

• Posted

Hi Sparker,

So I have noticed 2-3 little white bumps and then later noticed a white patch had formed on my labia minora and itched at times.  I was seen by 3 different doctors till they felt to do a biopsy, which took a year and results were LS.  I prescribed Clobetasol Propionate Ointment.  That actually made the white patch and bumps clear up.   LS is pretty much dry skin, just in the wrong area of the body if in the vaginal area.  It appears to be connected with auto-immune diseases, hormonal changes, stress, ect...  We all have came to the right solutions just no cure yet or definate cause.  I have eczema and dry skin naturally plus runs in the family.  So I believe it is also tied in with our families. but when you look at all the factors the major one I see is hormonal because everything ties in with them.  Gotta love how our bodies work.  Well if anyone wants to chat about this please feel free to contact me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.