READ THIS IF YOU ARE GETTING VERTIGO!

Posted , 17 users are following.

1) vertigo is a SYMPTOM, not a disease! You must find the cause to get relief!

2) if you think you have ANY dental issues, this may be at the root of your problem!

3) BPPV is often caused by crystals in your inner ear that break free and bounce off inner ear walls. A simple, two minute test in your healthcare provider's office can usually diagnose this.

4) chronic sinusitis can result in clogged tubes to your ear, causing Otitus Media, resulting in vertigo if untreated.

5) you may not run a fever if you have eithe Sinusitis or Otitus Media. Don't count on drainage or fever to be present as a sign and make sure your doctor understands this! (Many don't!)

6) don't let them diagnos you with an idiopathic condition. That means "unexplained," and will leave you suffering!

7) keep trying new ENTs until you get relief. Again, this is often not taken seriously and just because their sign says ENT doesn't mean they know everything!

GOOD LUCK!

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I am 62 years old a widow and living with my daughter and her husband with two grandkids. It is aggravating because i am a full time nanny for my grandchildren and with these symtoms i am not able to drive to take them to their after school activities.

It is ddifficult because my family really don t understand the hell i am going through.

• Posted

People dont understand , because they cant see the hell your going through  
    • Posted

My kids flee the house like rats fleeing a sinking ship when I announce I am getting or am in a vertigo attack.  I found out recently that when these first began in 2007, they thought I was faking it?  Really?  Because I received so much help from them when I was in an attack?  NOT! 
    • Posted

I totally understand! ! !!!

My Daughter thinks i am making these symptoms up for attention. I am 62 years old and helping her and my son in law raise my grandchildren. Since all of this happened i am not able to play with them or take them to the park. So aggravating

• Posted

Dental issues seems to have been my cause, abcess under a tooth caused and infection that spread to my ear nerves.. Its taking some time to get back to 100% normal, but having more good days then bad days now smile
    • Posted

Hello Moonlightt

What kind of symptoms are you having with you teeth that it affected your ears.

None of my teeth hurt. smile So I Hope it isnt that.

• Posted

I have a tooth that needs a root canal, but it never hurt me so I put it off due to an extreme dental phobia sad

A few months back it started hurting, but I kept taking painkillers and it would go away. The pain progressively got worse, to the point the tooth hurt, along with the jaw and intense pain in my ear.

Woke up one morning with a major vertigo attack, took a few hours for the nausea to subside.. but I was never 100% after that. Ended up being dizzy 24/7, felt like I was on a boat all day. Everytime I moved my head or my eyes I felt like I would fall over.

The ear that hurt became really sensitive to sound, and occasionally I would hear my heart beat in the ear loudly (pulsating tinitis), and felt full all the time.

After a trip to the dr, and being put on two lots of antibiotics (which have the side effect of dizziness!) and a trip to the dentist to treat the abcess. All my pain has gone, and slowly my ear is recovering, which has helped my dizziness. My eyes still have trouble focusing sometimes, and if my anxiety flares and I'm tired I still get that rocking/swaying feeling.

But its improved, and its not consuming my every thought now. On bad days I have now I just have to stop myself and think about how bad it was in the begining, and then I can see its still better.

• Posted

Thank You

None if my teeth or gums hurt eithe, and boy i have a phobia about dentist too.

Don t know if any if this is due ti a dental issue but just in case i started chewing cloves of glarlic and garling with organic apple cider vinegar. Taste kind of yucky but just in case. smile

Thanks again for your reply.

• Posted

My tooth didn't hurt either.  I had a root canal a couple years back, and because the nerve is removed in a root canal, I didn't know the tooth had a small crack in it until just within the past several years, but still, NOT ONE HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FROM DR. TO DENTIST CONNECTED THAT TO THE VERTIGO AND CHRONIC SINUSITUS!  Really?
    • Posted

GOOD FOR YOU!  I fear my infection has now spread to the mastoid bone area and possibly my upper jaw, as I still have pain where my "bad" tooth was located. 

continued improvement to you!

• Posted

And are you back to normal now ? 
    • Posted

Hello,

Hopefully you still check this website smile  Your post is the only one I could find that is almost identical to my mom's situation.

My mom had a crown done in Oct 2017, and a week later she started getting vertigo that comes and goes whenever she moves her head or goes from a sitting down to standing position.  She never had any tooth pain so she didn't know she had an abscess until March 2018 when an astute physician told her to see a dentist.  (Note:  She's been on antibiotics off-and-on since Nov 2017 because she was experiencing ear aches and sinus symptoms along with the vertigo.  She even went to see an ENT and had vertigo testing done (to no avail)).  Long story short, the abscess was under the tooth that had the crown work done, and the tooth had to be pulled.  The dentist put her on more antibiotics and she goes back in three weeks for a follow-up (which will be 6 weeks since pulling the tooth).  She is VERY discouraged that the vertigo hasn't started to lessen or go away.  

(I just found out that the dentist who did the crown work warned her that it was close to other nerves (I am guessing that warning was referencing the nerve going to the inner ear).

How long did you have the abscess and how long did it take to see ANY improvement with the vertigo?  Did the vertigo ever go completely away?

• Posted

Hi moonlight I’m wondering now I have a bad dental phobia and had two abscess one each side they put me on metronidazole which has side effect of dizziness to at the same time I had a throat infection and cold with temp felt rough but after five days of all this I started with vertigo  doc says it’s more LG to be labyrinthitus how ever u spell it  but it’s making me  so anxious fed up with it now it’s the most horrid feeling  x
  • Posted

Knowing the root cause of your vertigo is totally needed in order to treat it. I agree! Thats why these forums are so important. We may not all have the same forms of vertigo but its imporant to share experineces and succes stories with others so we can anyone we can. BPPV and mirgrain induced vertigo is what I deal with. Yes, a simple test can usually diagonis it, Epley manuvers help bppv but for reoccuring issues I have found the a simbalance pillow works great. If your not getting anywhere with your doctors always go for a second opinion if you can!  
    • Posted

hello workingmom.....I have been diagnoised with Migraines with vertigo.........yhought the meds were going to contiune to help but I am now sliding off the wagon again.........the dr I am seeing now is the one the helped me alot but like I said off the wagaon again....going to make an appt with an opthamologist...the meds I am on need to be monitored...have an appt with her on wednesday
    • Posted

Sorry I'm just now responding. With holidays and three kids (one of which is a newborn) I have a hard time getting personal time to get on the forums sometimes. I have Migraines with veritgo as well. I've tried natural and medication in the past but they too had to be monitored. I was on depocote as a teenager but didn't like being on it so I finally gave it up. It did help for a while but I knew i didn't want to be on it long term because of what it does to the body. I had more issues as a teenager and in my early 20's. I'm in my 30's and I still get mirgrains with vertigo but thankfully its not weekly like before. Regardless of how often the espodies they are never any fun and I'm finding with kids its next to impossible to handle because they don't understand how mommy feels. I hope your able to find what works. It's my expereince that what works now may not always. you got keep on top of your health. Good luck!

• Posted

hi.....I cant even imagine going through all this and having three kids...God must be giving you the strength......I just started getting weaned off of Gabapentin.....but was just given muscle relaxers for TMJ....something dr checked and said this could be a possibilty...It will help relax jaw at night....right now feel like I am on drugs.....very very tired they said I was going to feel like this for 3 to 4 days...and then I will be fine.....Its almost noon here and I cant go anywhere.....Pharmacist  said would probably feel like this during the morning....apparenty this is very low dosage.......still dont know whats wrong with me.....and we are in the year 2016

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.