READ THIS IF YOU ARE GETTING VERTIGO!

Posted , 17 users are following.

1) vertigo is a SYMPTOM, not a disease! You must find the cause to get relief!

2) if you think you have ANY dental issues, this may be at the root of your problem!

3) BPPV is often caused by crystals in your inner ear that break free and bounce off inner ear walls. A simple, two minute test in your healthcare provider's office can usually diagnose this.

4) chronic sinusitis can result in clogged tubes to your ear, causing Otitus Media, resulting in vertigo if untreated.

5) you may not run a fever if you have eithe Sinusitis or Otitus Media. Don't count on drainage or fever to be present as a sign and make sure your doctor understands this! (Many don't!)

6) don't let them diagnos you with an idiopathic condition. That means "unexplained," and will leave you suffering!

7) keep trying new ENTs until you get relief. Again, this is often not taken seriously and just because their sign says ENT doesn't mean they know everything!

GOOD LUCK!

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

ive been suffering permanantly for 18mths and I keep going to doctor but until now I didn't get relief.. Please suggest

• Posted

Thank you for the information you've provided and the various links. I've been searching for most a year now for answers for my son who is experiencing dizziness constantly with an abrupt onset. He is in prison and is is difficult if not impossible to get medical care. He did have some dental work done there and from things he has shared with me, I believe the fillings need to be replaced or altered. I'm at a loss for what more I can suggest to him.

• Posted

I came across this discussion while doing research for dizziness that has been occurring for the last 5 months. 

I have been to 3 different doctors so far. The first was urgent care - who diagnosed it as vertigo, then sinus infection. The second - sinus infection. I have gone through cycles of oral and nasal antibiotics, two levels of steroids for inflammation, as well as meclizine for dizziness. (I was taking this like candy with no real result). 

I have had scopes, CAT scans and hearing tests done so far. All normal, minus the congestion associated during allergy season. (At onset.) 

I have a molar cavity that I am going to the dentist this coming week. There has been some pain and "annoyance" with the tooth that is on the same side as the fullness/pressure for the ear as well as sinus pressure and pain. All on the same side as the tooth. Fingers crossed as no other solution has provided results. I will provide an update post dentist visit, in the event it helps anyone else. 

• Posted

Side note: I have been using allot of saline solution as of today. So far 3x. Placing the nozzle to the upper part of my nose, leaning over the sink, head tilted to the affected area, and closing my nostril around the saline nozzle and the other nostril to keep fluid from coming out - in an effort to ensure that the solution makes its way up to my upper sinus cavities. I have removed the nozzle after sparing for several seconds, closed my nostrils entirely, leaned all the way over - again to get as much solution up in the sinus cavities. The letting the solution drip before blowing my nose. I'm amazed at how much 'stuff' is coming out. I repeat this process at least a couple of times per instance. Maybe I am just ready to be over this, but it seems like it might be helping. Constant flushing out of the sinuses. 

I went to Costco and they have a 3 pack of saline solution for $12.99. Target has their generic solution for $5.99 if any want to give it a go. 

I tried 3 instances of nasal antibiotics with no avail. Maybe this approach is actually cleansing things. 

I am still keeping the dental appt on Monday. 

Fingers crossed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.