Ready for round 2!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 7 weeks post op rt knee TKR. I went to surgeon today for follow-up. My flex is 110 and my extension is 0. So...my left TKR is scheduled for Jan 2nd. Oh boy am I ready for this again?? The early weeks are pure hell!!

Melissa

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow you are so brave. Had mine done in August , next one sometime in the spring, Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Sue ...good luck with yours!! Im only doing it so quick because I can't work (hospital) because the left is dragging me down. So my surgeon said your good and I said ok let's do it! Otherwise I can't work..I need to get back to work!

• Posted

Well Mellisa,your RTKR has gone so well text book one would say and yes im going through the early weeks of hell NOW,but my LTKR i had 15 months ago is fantastic and thats what keeps me going.Its so nice to read a positive post on the forum i wish more TKR club members who have had it done and had great outcomes would come back on and let others know it works and it works bloody well . xx good luck with the next war and my moneys on you.

• Posted

Thanks Brent!! I hope you are feeling better soon!! I know you're miserable right now! I hope you're getting at least some rest! But me..went to surgeon he was very pleased and said your doing great what's next he said....do you want to schedule the other knee?? I said yes let's do it...I wor k in the hospital 12 hour shifts and this left knee is dragging me down. I have to get it done or I can't do my job properly.. I am on my feet running most nights!! I hope you're feeling good!

Melissa

• Posted

Hi Melissa,so pleased your doing so well and brave to crack on so soon, i ain't miserable at all melissa i wont let the TKR do that to me, tired you better believe it, very little pain, more discomfort trying to find a sleeping position for more than 5 minutes without having to move about.

• Posted

Oh Brent I can relate to trying to get comfy every 5 mins. I'm actually sleeping 3-4 hours at a time and that's awesome for me considering since day one slept nothing for weeks! You will get there but you know since this isn't your first rodeo!

Good luck!!Melissa

• Posted

well done im 5 mth and only 95 rom but i have had many problems good luck with your next op stY STRONG Keep positive x

• Posted

Great going!!!!!!! I'm just a year post TKR And I too am 110 degrees

Issues with scar tissue.... Second one booked after my daughters June wedding.

Not looking forward to July....

Back to work doing 12 hour shifts on my feet all day.

Some days are amazingly good ....others are HORRID

Good luck to your ongoing recovery!!!!

• Posted

Hey Tomins!

That's great your second is scheduled. 110 is good. You can do it! I can't say enough about therapy. My therapy really got my knee bending and stretching and seemed like overnight I started feeling so much stronger. I was so happy today, was out with my husband and he said you're walking normal..granted I need the other done I can now walk and hold the other knee with the new one! Brought tears to my eyes! It is getting better!

• Posted

THANKS melissa..... I'm happy you are doing well. I DID ALOT OF THERAPY BUT THEY (physio) felt that 110 was going to be my best..... GOOD LUCK WITH BOOKING NUMBER 2!

• Posted

wow 7 wks out! I don't know how u did that but that's impressive! I'm recovering from a manipulation and arthroscopic surgery tues to remove scar tissue frm my TKO back in March! good luck with ur 2nd surgery! peace and blessings😊

• Posted

GOOD FOR YOU!! I am 4 months and have complication after 3 months with scar tissue hindering extension and bend...keep doing what you are doing!!

• Posted

Thank you Kathleen! I sure hope your knee starts getting better! I think the most exciting part about this next surgery is that I am hoping I can return to being the active person I once was before these knees hit me hard! I hope the best for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.