really am so low now , depression has really got a grip

Posted , 8 users are following.

for the last ten days i have been getting more and more depressed what with the withdrawel of certain meds but the last few days are  now as low as it gets , just want to sleep now and never wake up ,the endless feeling of fed upness ,just feel so sad , the darkest day of my life , cant do anything to change my mood no matter what i try . to tired to fight anymore, hoplesness and despair , 24 hours a day just digging in deeper ,dont know what to do or who to talk to anymore , somebody have any answers 

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hang in there Terry! The only thing I can say is you're not alone. I feel much the same right now and sometimes think I'd be better off dead but keep reminding myself it's an illness and that my loved ones would be devastated. Have people round you, try and be active (I know it's very hard!). Take care of yourself!
    • Posted

Well said Benny, your words are so true.

Terry....don't hurt the people who love you.  Try to look outwards...try to put yourself in other people's shoes.  It's so hard, I know, but thinking of others really does help.

I PROMISE you that there is light at the end of the tunnel, you just can't see it right now.  But I PROMISE you that it is there.

Pat

• Posted

This depessiion is nonstop and I don't anything in the ujniverse will lift me out of it.  I'm beginning to think suicide is the only option but I don't want to get sent to hell for doing so so I won't.  If I didn't have to worry about going to hell I would've killed myself months ago.  I can't live like this.  I hope I get cancer from smoking so I can die without it being a suicide.  I have had no break from this and I don't want to live anymore.
    • Posted

I'm scared to commit suicide for fear of hell also. But then sometimes think I'm there. I do believe in God & think we're in the end of days. Does anyone else feel that way? So many people are depressed, good ppl, and I feel like it could be a battle for their souls. This world is just not right.
    • Posted

I'm trying so hard to look at this as my biggest life challenge. To try to be strong and not constantly fault myself for being depressed. If we think of it as an illness, that helps. We certainly don't want to be sad and can't control every change in our lives. It's pretty much a daily battle. If chemically we are off balance our minds and bodies get sick. I'm a nurse, and I know it's easier to balance electrolytes and chemicals to fix our bodies.. But brain chemistry, not as easy, and how to measure? That's why meds scare me a little. Sometimes they are absolutely necessary. I'm trying to take from other peoples experience to help myself. This site has helped me a lot. I'm looking at healthier lifestyles and ways to re set my mind to keep from dwelling on the bad. I'm also thinking about volunteering some time, because when I have free time, it's usually spent crying and having incessant thoughts about why didn't I, what if I had....you know the crazy thoughts that depress you more.. just keep trying..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.