Really anxious to go on holiday - will I pay the rest of it off?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have to pay the last of my holiday (£350ish) next week after paying my deposit 2 months ago. I haven't bee able to sleep just thinking about it, I am so anxious about the whole thing, but I know that all the lads wouldn't talk to me again if I dropped out, I think I sort of do want to go because it's my first holiday with my mates but I'm worried I'll get there and completely freak out for the whole week, I am panicking just thinking about it.

Any advice or anything I can do to stop this? I don't want to miss out on this once in a life time experience but then again don't want to go and completely hate it because of anxiousness.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Argh got less than a week to pay this off... I haven't got a doctor's appointment yet and I'm again up at 2am worrying about what could happen if I go. What shall I do?! Is there any like medication you can buy over the counter in the UK just to calm you down or anything? I'm going to be so annoyed if I don't go because I'm only 18 and all my friends are going, but don't know if I can do it really.
  • Posted

Why are you afraid to take a prescribed medication which might help you? Go to your doctor ASAP,

tell him/her of your fears. Some medications like Xanax work immediately. You're too young to be controlled by this phobia. I think with the help of a medication you will conquer the fear and have a good time on your

vacation. I used to be scared of everything - being trapped in a house fire, contracting some contagious

disease, dying. It was a living nightmare but I did get over it once I learned the underlying cause.

A psychotherapist might help in this regard. In the meantime I can only repeat - see your doctor and get

something immediately so you can go and have fun with your friends. Good luck from V on Long Island, NY

• Posted

Hi Carl, totally understand how you are feeling-can you afford holiday insurance? I find this helps me because if I had to cancel last minute or cut holiday short or need medical help when out there it jwould be covered(you need to declare that you have anxiety but are not receiving treatment) also you could write a list these worst fears and write next to them what you would do eg get seperated from group = use mobile phone, seek help from local person or local police family member becomes ill whilst away= if life threatening get insurance people to get me home - if not speak to family on phone knowingvthat your presence will not change things etc- this doesnt remove all anxiety but shows you there is a solution to any percieved eventuality - I wish you well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.