Really bad headaches...anyone the same?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi ladies

Im having bad bouts of headaches...coming and going for past couple of weeks. .feel like my head is in a visegrip....migrain type but not going away....anyone suffering the same?? Thx in advance. CK

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Carol 

I’m 48 and yes I have weird headaches yesterday and today I had some relieved but I have pretty much for 3 weeks . And is on my face, back of head , top of head you get dizzy because it hurts. I start it at 45 once a yr and now is pretty much all the time . I just want to to take my head and face and put it in the closet and go about my business. 

I just got a MRI due on July 23 I got a episode of my right got blurr And I was at work and all of the sudden I got confused / forgot what I was doing it freak me out my work called 911 and they did a EKG, blood work for blood clot , stroke, heart attack , CT scan you name it all came out normal but they put me on baby aspirin until Friday when they read the MRI results. One neurologist said could be hormones or panic attack. I was so scared. But I have headaches pretty much all the time .  I’m not sure if I’m alone in these symptoms 

• Posted

They think it was a TIA or mini stroke but one neurologist may think or panick . My PCM did hormones test and was normal. I will found out Friday . But I do get this headaches all the time . 

I remember my mom telling me when she turned 42 she began to have migraines headaches really bad ones. So I hope and pray is just bad  headaches. I hope you all ladies get better this is a long journey for all of us and safe me a lot of trips to the Er

• Posted

Glad to hear things are normal so far. PLEASE try not to beat yourself up and worry...we're all going through this, and it SUCKS! Here for you any time girlfriend!

• Posted

Hi Eliaimee…. Thx for the reply and I had also blurred vision at one point. It went away and hasn't returned. God bless you as you would panic with a blurred eye and constant headaches. Like you, lots of tests done. Hormones play a major role in how our bodies function and I have headaches a lot now but yesterday it was bad so I posted here. Hang tight as you are not alone in this. I feel a lot better now except for headaches but other symptoms have settled down. One day at a time sister. CK x

• Posted

Hi Carol,

I suffer from migraines and have for many years.  Prior to menopause, I would get them in conjunction with my period - typically 1-2 two days prior to it arriving.  It was actually my cue to know it was on its way.  Since going through menopause, they have worsened considerably.  I now get them once a week - sometimes twice a week.  Needless to say, I had an MRI done a couple of years ago due to the increase and all came back normal.  Many sites will say that migraines decrease or go away after menopause once the hormones are "gone" but sadly I am the opposite.  

• Posted

Hi carol.  Not sure if this is the same as i do get those weird pressure headaches too but if I get one that is in a specific area on my head and pulsates like I’m getting hit in the head with a hammer and hurts to touch it or move my hair, I have to get a muscle relaxer to ease it.  They call it trigeminal neuralgia.  It’s terrible. Anyways, might now be what you are having but if you think it’s muscle tension headache a muscle relaxer may give you some relief.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.