Really down tonight

Posted , 11 users are following.

This condition has really affected my life. But I am simply stunned tonight. M ybest friend told me that I should be thankful I don't have something worse. And I need to just live with it and get over it be glad I don't have cancer or something really bad. Ha ! It really hurt me. All I said was I am worried about the long car rides I need to take in May and July and I hope I can handle it. Honestly I don't think one person in my life gets it. I'm just going to shut up and suffer in silence from now on

It takes a lot to get me down, I work right through any illness I've ever had. I am just exhausted. Telling me to forget it and just get on with my life. Wow I would really love to do that

3 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Typical uneducated comment for those you have no idea of what it's like to live with.

i would tell her to try and live with what you do just one day. 

It waht hat most refer to as chronic invisible disease. We look good isn't that what most friends would say. Or pass of a painful,comment like you never even said it. Ignoring your feelings and pain that's not a friend. 

I am am sorry it is so frustrating. There are a lot of great support here. Anytime !

• Posted

Thank you so much. I just didn't know how to even cope last night. She has been my best friend for 20 years. I'm still shocked. She has been through some pretty big health issues herself , life threatening ones. And I've always been impressed with her strength. But I guess she thinks burning 24/7 is small beans. She said if I'm hurting it means I'm alive and I should be grateful. ugh ! Of course I am grateful to be alive. I'm just really hurt

• Posted

This condition is by far the worst thing I have ever dealt with. Here, we all understand.
    • Posted

I know you do Kay and I swear if I hadn't found this site I would be in a straight jacket right now.

• Posted

KKay, you are so right. It is awful! The worse for me is sitting. Really effects everything in my life. Restaurants. Cars, offices, its all a nightmare. Trying to explain why you have to bring a special cushion is so embarrassing. The worst is that apparently this is croni
  • Posted

No one who has not lived it has no idea. It is life changing. Some friend but people don't understand

• Posted

It is frustrating that they don't. I talked to a couple of people about the MOna Lisa and one even said that's just to fix your sex life right?

My sex life was just fine before this started 7 months ago!

• Posted

its so not about sex life but that is how they present it.  no one knows the pain and debilitation vaginal atrophy causes...
  • Posted

Oh Donna

Im so sorry to hear that from your friend......she just doesn't know .....and unless someone experiences this they cannot know.  When friends or family ask what is VA or symptoms .......I just say it's like having a UTI all the time at its worst and other times pressure pains....or just feeling raw down there...most respond back Oh no, as most women have experienced the uncomfortable feeling of UTI.  

Ladies....it is so important to try and keep busy to try to keep our minds off this discomfort.  It just seems to take awhile for some to start to feel normal again....Hang in there ladies.....I'm doing much better.....there is hope!!  I'm not totally at 100 percent but I pray I'm getting there with the help of Vagifem........this blog is a blessing!

Wendy

• Posted

It's funny because that is what I told my Dad it was like. Didn't really think I could share the rest.

• Posted

Oh no...don't suffer in silence. People act that way because they haven't had problems...their day is coming!

The car rides bother you? Would stopping every few hours help? I'm okay in a car, but I know someone else who cannot sit on hard chairs. So is it painful or just stressful? She, my friend, who cannot sit on hard chairs says it causes pain and soreness.

• Posted

Car rides are really painful. We just went to a furneral last month and it really hurt. I have memory foams on my chairs in my studio, I paint. And at my desk chair. The trip we just took got me burning worse for about a week after we returned.The only place I can sit with little pain is my recliner. But I have to earn a living so I can't spend my days there

• Posted

The only thing that gave me comfort when ridng in a car was an ice pack. That was hard to manage. Getting out really didn't help as it took days for things to kind of settle down after a long trip. 

• Posted

exactly, I will take ice packs and a cushion but it gets bad anyway. In July we have a 17 hour drive each way
    • Posted

Donna, I should remember this, but I dont. How often are you taking Vagifem or Yuvafem? Some women need it 5 days a week; someone posted on menopausematters dot co dot uk the she uses it every day, in addition to full HRT.

I winder if you are getting enough local estrogen for your needs.

• Posted

I have been on yuvafem three times a week now for about a month. It is better but I don't think I will ever get 100% again

• Posted

first I did the 14 day load up with estrace and then went to yuvafem 7 months ago
    • Posted

I was using vagifem 3x a week before the mona lisa procedure. now I can get by with 2x a week. The MOna lIsa is wearing off now and I can tell. That sure was the best idea for me. I need both.
    • Posted

You might need estrace cream outside as well; or Vagifem 5 times a week or both.

Good luck, keep us posted and remember, we all understand you here. We're all in the same boat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.