Really down tonight

Posted , 11 users are following.

This condition has really affected my life. But I am simply stunned tonight. M ybest friend told me that I should be thankful I don't have something worse. And I need to just live with it and get over it be glad I don't have cancer or something really bad. Ha ! It really hurt me. All I said was I am worried about the long car rides I need to take in May and July and I hope I can handle it. Honestly I don't think one person in my life gets it. I'm just going to shut up and suffer in silence from now on

It takes a lot to get me down, I work right through any illness I've ever had. I am just exhausted. Telling me to forget it and just get on with my life. Wow I would really love to do that

3 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

This is a chronic pain situation. Someday your friend may find herself in a similar situation. It is one of those things that you have to experience to even begin to understand. I have had cancer and believe me VA is worse as far as chronic pain. Surround yourself with understanding people. Do what is right for yourself and forget anyone who brings you down.

• Posted

I may tell her you said  that. I was just amazed at the things she said. She has had many health struggles so I was shocked.
    • Posted

BTW: The Mona Lisa is not just to improve your sex life. I lost my husband to cancer a number of years ago. I also have had three Mona Lisa Treatments and have the yearly one scheduled for April. It has really helped the VA.  I was dry and burning 24/7. I still use vagifem 2x a week but those in combination with the Mona Lisa have made me feel so much better . I suffered for almost two years before I got treatment. There is hope.
    • Posted

I went for a consult for the mona lisa but I just don't have the $2000 right now. Also they had only did the procedure on ten women so far

• Posted

Check around. Prices vary dramatically. More and more Drs are doing it. You may not be able to stay local, but you may get a better price somewhere else. Mine was $1,500 for three.
    • Posted

Great price. I am in California and things are sooo expensive. Will be 800 just for my once a year.
    • Posted

Hi Jean and Ladies

you meantioned that you still use the Vagifem 2x a week even after the Mona Lisa treatments??  I was hoping that after the ML treatments that we would not have to continue the Vagifem.  Is that the way it is for everyone who has had the treatments?

i look forward to your reply.

thank you ladies!

Wendy

• Posted

It is very individual. I think if the Mona Lisa would have been available 15 years ago my VA would not have gotten so bad. Even so using it twice a week is lots less expensive than 3x a week! I have heard about people who need regular hormone pills plus Vagifem. When I get my annual procedure it will actually have been 8 months. My Dr said everyone is different on that too. Some people need it every six months and some go a year and a half.
    • Posted

I don't use anything after thezmpna Lisa. Will go next month for first annual. Don't want it to flare up so going before symptomatic.

• Posted

I scheduled mine for March which would have been about right but the Dr had to reschedule for three weeks from now. I am getting some symptoms again so can't wait.

• Posted

It is an awful condition and I am grateful for the monalisa as nothing else worked for me. I had so many remedies but nothing worked
    • Posted

The consult I had was $1800 up front for up to four treatments and $800 a year after that. But then I got a thing in the mail from my urologist who has the mona lisa now and they are charging $800 per treatment with a discount of $200 if you pay for three treatments in advance. Then $800 a year. 
    • Posted

I guess I got a deal at $500 per treatment and $500 each year.
    • Posted

My doc said 500 per year then raised to 1000 said he would do 800 just this time. Bet it keeps going up
    • Posted

Yes Jean....that is a good price compared to some.  Where do you live?  What state?

As Donna said and many others this should be covered by insurance if you suffer from VA!! We pray it gets covered soon not just in the US but all over.  Vagifem prices should come down as well here in the US!  Our insurance charges $200.00 for 24...(3 month supply for me 2xweek)...for Vagifem or generic Yuvafem .  I will be forced to order Vagifem from Canada......not right.  What do others pay ?  I know Donna's insurance is great only paying $5.00 a month I believe.

I still wish we knew what caused us all to have this and so many other women that do not suffer with this.  Mine could be because of Lupron when in my 30's putting me into Menapause because of Endometrosis....so wish I did not do that....ibuprofen would have been better for the pain!!  I guess they did not know at that time that it could cause Atrophic Vaginitis!!

Have a good day ladies.....thank you all for posting!

Wendy

• Posted

ABSOLUTELY DONNA!!  For all that suffer from this!! Mona Lisa should be covered bu insurance!!  We should all contact our insurance companies?

Wendy

• Posted

I had a complete hysterectomy because of endometrosis 30 years ago. The gyn I had the Mona Lisa consult said VA really is just becoming a huge problems for 50 yrs and older because it just used to be the thought that they could just take everything out with no HRT and it was fine. We are just now seeing the results of hysterectomey always being the easy answer.Our mothers didn't suffer like this because they went into menopause the natural way and didn't spend 30 years with zero hormones

• Posted

I do feel very lucky with what Fed ex insurance is paying , my yuvafem was increased to 3 times a week but I still get 12 doses for $5

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.