Really no motivation. Where is my fight?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am completely lost. Today it's not that I cannot answer phones and, or, talk to anybody as such it's the fact I don't want to. I was doing roughly ok until about two hours ago. Now I'm back at crap setting. And it's noisy in my head. I can't think properly or focus. Don't want to go out. Don't want to exist. It's ridiculous. I'm tired of it.

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Your not alone friend...  I’m in the exact same mode - now . It comes and goes though.  I have a lot of things I want to get done, but the way I feel I just want to lie down and be very “still”, hoping it will pass..  I get frustrated because I feel so tight, wound-up, with a zillion worrisome thoughts running through my head.  It’s disabling, and it’s hard to explain to others. .  I just don’t understand why I can’t just be normal and be happy, steady, and solid.  

FYI, I’m on 20mg Prozac (6wks). I’m past most of the side effects, but my anxiety still crops up.  I exercise (run) to burn some of the tension and it helps a little.  

Anyway, your not alone with this battle.  Keep fighting.  

• Posted

It's not anxiety, sure I have that. It's more depression right now. Sorry to hear you and the rest of the guys who replied are going through it. Does anybody know how to shut themselves up so the mind doesn't feel like thoughts are going warp speed, no matter what they may be of? Thanks. Going to push myself to get doing some things today.

• Posted

Hi Nick. I am exactly the same...I know I am depressed, due to severe Anxiety all the time...but I cant take A/Ds .mayby you would benefit from them...sounds like you are depressed too...You are not alone with this...
    • Posted

I see you often on this site and you are same as me.  Severe anxiety and no relief from depression after trying all the meds.  Cant understand whats different about mine to all the others who get better on the meds.  What do you do tomhelp yourself, i cant find anything
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for the info. Already on meds. Yes, more depression than anxiety, have a killer headache. Hopefully you are having a better day today, and everybody else is too. No meds work at all for you? I have really only one kind of med that helps more than others I tried but when I had to come off them for different reasons I felt less muggy. If only there was a balance of feeling less stupid and and thoughts going warp speed I think I would have a better ratio of being able to focus and achieve more in the day.
    • Posted

Hi Ann...I never go out alone..I always have someone with me...and even then I am still anxious...I take xanax  0.5 3 times daily...it only helps for a few hours...not ideal. I know, but I really dont care at this stage...if they help me to leave the house.  then so be it...I am suffering with this for 30 years, and tried everything...my GP couldn't care less.and I feel so alone...now this past year depression has set in....mainly because I want to go out, to do normal things like shopping. or walking..but I cant.because I feel like falling.All my blood tests are normal...it is so hard to live with this...xx.

• Posted

You are just same as me. Weve tried all anti deps and all gave me worse effects so now only on benzo to get me out.  Im getting so fed up with this over last few years, surelynthere must be something to help . Have you had lithium, they havent tried it for me as they say ive got anxiety, but now imhave depression too.  I am scared they will talk about ect as i think i couldnt take that.  Have younheard they are trialling ketamine in usa with. Good results.  Theres also trans cranial at private clinics. I am lost though as nhs isnt interested
  • Posted

Hi nick I feel the same today but I’ve got a 4 year old and a 9year old and I have to go out as it’s not fair on the kids I hate this xx
    • Posted

How did you get on today? I managed to cook a deliciously untasty dinner and take a call. It was from my inner self telling me my cooking was awful X) It wasn't. The call, not the dinner. The dinner was indeed awful.

• Posted

Hi nick I managed to take the kids out for lunch and when I got out in the city i completely forget about my anxiety maybe I shud get out a lot more than usual maybe I even came home then went back out again food shopping feel a little more on edge this time at night 00:02 everything’s quiet and nothings taking my mind of my anxiety xx
    • Posted

Congrats to you on a full day. Seriously, quite envious. I used to love night times. There used to be less d*******s to deal with and less noise. Waiting for sleep to come. Taking forever, hope you have a good sleep and good weekend.
    • Posted

Sometimes you just need to see people, to feel human again. I know I do when I've been ill. Well done 1 step at a time.

• Posted

Hi beautiful well it’s the next night at 03:04am  I’ve had a few drinks which I’m regretting because the day after my anxiety feels so worse but when I drink I feel so much better only had a few whilst watching a film with my partner how are you love xxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.