Really worried

Posted , 7 users are following.

I recently had an ultrasound scan which discovered I have a fatty liver my Alkaline Phosphate results have been creeping up and now im getting really worried. I don't drink, im 5 2 height and weigh 8.7 so definitely not overweight I also eat very healthily so there isn't anything I can do to help reduce the fat in my liver, any advice please 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Fatty liver can be reversed through diet and exercise. You don't have to be an athlete, just take long walks. Whilst your weight sounds fine maybe substitute flora light for butter and eat 0% fat dairy. Cut back on fatty foods like sausages, bacon, pizza and find healthy alternatives. Avoid alcohol. You may be doing all this already but if you are, I'd ask for further investigation as to why you have a fatty liver. It could be genetic. Try not to worry. Husband was diagnosed with fatty liver twenty years ago and still here!

• Posted

That's reasusing. I eat very healthy food including no processed foods or red meat no bread or cheese or cakes or sweets boring l know l exercise regularly so it must be genetic with me l will have further tests will find out today about Vit D deficiency but highly unlikely as been abroad for 3 months and in sea most days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.